Scam

LEO

I have just recieved this email ;

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Sir/Madam,

Could you please confirm availability and total cost for the

dates

stated below for 4 guests for one month vacation.

Arrival Date: 1 St Nov , 2009

Departure Date: 30Th Nov , 2009

Room Type: 4 Standard single Room   Or  2 Double   Or   2 bedrooms

Apartments.

Length of Stay: one month

The four guests are all Adults.

Please advise availability. Moreover, what is the TOTAL COST in EURO

or

USD for the entire period including Tax if any.   Your prompt response

will be appreciated.In case the date is not available  please get back to me

with another date.

Thanks.

Sincerely yours,

TRIPOD CONSULTING COMPANY.

12 PETERS LANE, COWCROSS STREET,

EC1M

6DS UNITED KINGDOM.

TELL: +447035948685

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It is definately a scam.

[quote user="LEO"]I have just recieved this email ;

EC1M

6DS UNITED KINGDOM.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It is definately a scam.

[/quote]

Undoubtedly a scam.  Cowcross Street may be EC1 (it is adjacent to Farringdon tube station and I know it well - but I am not aware of any  Peters Lane in the locality! Nor does it say London, which if it were it would.  Nor is it a London telephone no!!

Proof enough for me.

I had my first French one today - instead of Nigeria it was Cote d'Ivoire.  (funds waiting for you to claim etc etc!!) My French is not good enough to know whether the French was good or not, but needless to say, I deleted it!!

[quote user="Judith"][quote user="LEO"]I have just recieved this email ;

EC1M

6DS UNITED KINGDOM.

It is definately a scam.[/quote]

Undoubtedly a scam.  Cowcross Street may be EC1 (it is adjacent to Farringdon tube station and I know it well - but I am not aware of any  Peters Lane in the locality! Nor does it say London, which if it were it would.  Nor is it a London telephone no!![/quote]

Peter's Lane is off Cowcross Street, and the postcode is correct. Have a look on Google maps - in Street View you can actually see the street sign for Peter's Lane.

The address exists - however there isn't a company called Tripos Consulting Company there though.

The domain: www.tripodconsulting.com (which has been mentioned in other iterations of this scam) is owned by a Nigerian.

The guy who owns Tripod Consulting in the UK has been forced to put a note on his front page about the scam, such have been the problems: www.tripodconsulting.co.uk

A quick look on the Net shows that the scammer has been trying to buy ALL SORTS of things, all over the world ...

Regards

Pickles

I was just wondering how the Greek Priests got on this year, did they have a nice holiday somewhere? [;-)]

I am afraid the OP's email has been doing the rounds, in one form or another, for the last 4 or 5 years and possibly longer, a bit like the old 'you have won the MSN Lottery' and 'Dearly Beloved in Christ heres $4.9M to spend my husband nicked from the local bank'.

[quote user="Pickles"]

Peter's Lane is off Cowcross Street, and the postcode is correct. Have a look on Google maps - in Street View you can actually see the street sign for Peter's Lane.

[/quote]

Well, it just shows that the other map finding sites are not much good.  I'd have looked on my AZ London if I could find it at the mo (when I lived there of course it was always to hand!), so my apologies, but I don't usually do Google maps so didn't look there.

However, unless they've changed the structure of central London tel nos within the last year, the tel no is not correct.  And all the rest of it smacks of scam!!

[quote user="Judith"][quote user="Pickles"]

[/quote]
Well, it just shows that the other map finding sites are not much good.  I'd have looked on my AZ London if I could find it at the mo (when I lived there of course it was always to hand!), so my apologies, but I don't usually do Google maps so didn't look there.

However, unless they've changed the structure of central London tel nos within the last year, the tel no is not correct.  And all the rest of it smacks of scam!!
[/quote]

Its one of those ones you rent and it forwards on the calls to another number. You pay a premium rate to call it as well, sort of win, win situation when it comes to scams. I did think that the current government was going to shut these numbers down, apparently not it would seem.