Passport Photos certification

Mutiara

Has anyone renewed their passport recently from France ? Do you need to get the photos certified on the back by someone like a Doctor?  How on earth do you write the text they require all on the back of the photo ?!

Any tips or advice, from anyone who has recently renewed theirs?

From the official site.

"Renewing a passport

You need to get your form countersigned and a photograph certified

only if your appearance has changed so much that it would be difficult

to recognise you from the photograph in your last or current passport."

Just to clear up any confusion, a child's passport needs certification, whether first-time issue or renewal. For renewal of an adult passport through the British Consulate in Paris, certification is not required unless there has been a substantial change.

• 1 year later...
I know this post is a year old now, but as I am renewing my daughter's passport in France, I thought I would ask our Mairie to countersign the photos.

Can anyone tell me what he should actually write on the back of the photo - in French - so that I can ask.

One other question please, do you have to pay for TNT delivery back or can you still get the relevant postage which you include inside the envelope, last time we renewed this is what we did but things may have changed.

Many thanks

Firstly unless your daughters features have changed a lot (its very clear its one and the same person) there is no need to get a signature. Neither my wife or I have had our photo's signed. Having said that you should phone them to confirm this.

They no longer take personal cheques, French or otherwise.

For more information please use the link below.:

http://ukinfrance.fco.gov.uk/en/passports/

Don't go through a regional office as all they do is send it to Paris which takes longer.

Hope that helps

[quote user="Quillan"]unless your daughters features have changed a lot (its very clear its one and the same person) there is no need to get a signature.[/quote]

But I thought that...

[quote user="Will"]a child's passport

needs certification, whether first-time issue or renewal.[/quote]

[8-)]

Yes but below Wills post is Sunday Drivers one (and he is normally right) that says

"Renewing a passport

You need to get your form countersigned and a photograph certified only if your appearance has changed so much that it would be difficult to recognise you from the photograph in your last or current passport."

And thats from their website.

However as I said in my post, give them a call (make sure you get the persons name then quote it if they say you don't need a signature) the number and times to call are on the website. Better safe than sorry. Also to be fair although its the posters daughter we don't know how old her daughter is.

Point taken

She was9 when the original passport was issued, so I would say yes her appearance has changed quite a bit.

Going back to my question in the first post I made, can anyone suggest what to put ie "je certifie que c'est une vraie ressemblance d'....." is this acceptable and is it ok for the mairie to sign?

Also do you have to pay for TNT delivery back or can you still get the relevant postage which you include inside the envelope, last time we renewed this is what we did but things may have changed.

[quote user="mogs"]is it ok for the mairie to sign?[/quote]

The notes say you can ask a citizen of the country in which you are residing, provided the person is of good standing and has known you (not the child) for 2 years and provided the Consul considers his/her signature to be acceptable [...]

[quote user="mogs"]can anyone suggest what to put ie "je certifie que

c'est une vraie ressemblance d'....." [/quote]

I very much doubt the embassy will accept a certification written in any other language than English (personal opinion).

[quote user="mogs"]Also do you have to pay for TNT delivery back or can you still get the relevant postage which you include inside the envelope, last time we renewed this is what we did but things may have changed.[/quote]

Its all in the link I gave you a couple of posts back and to quote.:

Return Postal Fees

Unless you wish to collect your passport from the British Consulate in Paris, we will arrange for your passport to be delivered to you within 48 hours by courier. Courier companies, who obtain signature on delivery, represent the most secure means of ensuring that your passport reaches you.

One postal fee of 26€
covers up to four applications, for a family for example. Charges are identical throughout Italy, Malta, Switzerland, France, Belgium, Luxembourg, and the Netherlands.

Please note that we do not accept stamped self-addressed envelopes.

Can I suggest you actually visit the website and read it (in the nicest possible way of course) as I am sure it will answer all your questions. [;-)]

Edit.: I would think that you will require a signed photo as your daughter has obviously changed since the last time she had a passport if she was aged 9 at the time. Your doctor will do or the mayor, how about her school teacher?

Just checked the links on the website and found THIS which is all about getting the photo and signing it. Further down the page it suggests that not only one of the two photo's has to be signed with the statement "I certify that this is a true likeness of [Mr, Mrs, Miss, Ms or other title followed by your full name]" but the application form needs signing as well if your daughter is 16 or under.