Being Mistaken For A Dwarf In France

Furry Knickers

This happened to me on me last visit to Normandie while buying a baguette in the local bakery. The woman behind the counter would not believe me when I told her I am not, and had never been a dwarf in me whole life. It was all to no avail and she refused to serve me and had me removed from the shop and was told never to return. Has this ever happened to anyone else on the forum?

Well I was just wearing normal male clothing which I always wear when going to get the bread or to any shop, but I doubt it would make any difference anyway, as it seems all dwarfs (male or female) are banned from that shop. It's not the first time this has happened in France either! I am not anything like a dwarf and maybe sometimes I look short for my height (5' 11'') but I know I shall never enter that ladies premises again. Would it be anything to do with the football? Maybe the whole dwarf incident was just a smokescreen for her not wanting us in her place, who knows indeed!

It's not a lot of fun being a dwarf, I tell you.  For example, if you were in a lift and you needed to go to the top floor but you couldn't reach the top button to press it?

So, then you end up on the highest floor whose button you can reach.........only trouble is, you might still be several floors short of the one you want.

Have YOU tried walking up several floors of the fire escape staircase when you've only got short little pins?  Well, HAVE you?[+o(]

My wifelet just prodded me with her kalishnikov and yelled into my horn (I am selectively deaf) and reminded me in no uncertain way how I was once mistaken for a small person. You weren't wearing a San Fransisco Giants sweat shirt were you? It tends to confuse the natives they think you are a dwarf giant it is so understandable.