Justice at last.

Bugsy

[quote user="woolybanana"]This is not justice I think. The guy went far too far. Breaking a criminal's head after chasing him some distance away from the house so that he is brain damaged is lynch mob justice. They should have held the guy until the police came.[/quote]

I think you missed the point Wooly and wonder how you would have reacted in a similar situation, ie, having your wife and family tied up and threatened at knifepoint and believing they could be killed at any moment.

No one, who hasn't experienced such horror can possibly say how they would react in that 'red-mist' situation.

A brain-damaged thug with a history of violent crime is not much of a loss to society IMHO.

[quote user="Bugbear"][quote user="woolybanana"][/quote]

A brain-damaged thug with a history of violent crime is not much of a loss to society IMHO.

[/quote]

But he wasnt brain damaged before two people overstepped the mark and doled out their own version of justice.

I cant hand on heart say that I wouldnt react in the same way, I certainly would feel the same emotions but hope that some sense of social responsibility would prevent me from doing so, if I did then I would deserve to be punished by the law.

Without law and order, people respecting it and those who dont being made examples of where would we be?

Preety much where we are I guess as the courts dont really seem to make examples of habitual law-breakers.

Don't get me wrong, I have every sympathy with the guy and might well have done the same thing. BUT a law which allows pursuit and assault to the point of fracturing the guys skull with a baseball bat is very dangerous. The criminal was some way from the guy's home when he was hit, I understand.

Both parts of this story are horrific. Who can say how they would react after such a terrible event, when the 'fight' element has taken over; and how awful to have your skull fractured. But, just a thought,  do they know for sure that the criminal didn't have brain damage beforehand?

The law does seem to have been on the side of many criminals in some recent cases; something isn't right if generally speaking a home owner has to fear being locked up when someone commits a crime against him/her. I'm not a violent person, usually rather timid - but I don't have any idea how I might react if someone broke in to my house.

I had someone throw house bricks through the (double glazed) windows of my house and, besides the shock of the sound...like bombs exploding, the shards of glass cut both me and one of my children.  I tried to chase after the teenagers who'd done it and, had I caught them, I would have run them over - and probably reversed back to make sure.  I was frightened and angry and reacted like a tigress.  It is a natural instinct to attack in order to defend your offspring.  The burglar got his just desserts.  Seems like being hit with a cricket bat hasn't stopped him so maybe they should have swung it a little harder??

This country (UK) has gone soft!  No wonder the Americans think the UK presents the biggest security threat worldwide.

[quote user="Marym2"]I am with ANY person who does harm to this type of scum. No mercy, death after drawn and quartered, Parts stuffed down his throat, Get real these people kill.[/quote]

Burglars or homeowners armed with cricket bats, shotguns, (Tony Martin) or knobkerries (WB)

[quote user="Chancer"]

[quote user="Marym2"]I am with ANY person who does harm to this type of scum. No mercy, death after drawn and quartered, Parts stuffed down his throat, Get real these people kill.[/quote]

Burglars or homeowners armed with cricket bats, shotguns, (Tony Martin) or knobkerries (WB)

[/quote]

It's a shame I didn't catch those that did it to me - they did 15 more after me and the shock killed one old boy.  Given my time again I'd run / drive a little faster to make sure I caught the little sh1ts!

Had they dragged the guy back to the house to await the police and he had bumped into the cricket bat whilst trying to escape ( a bit like head butting a truncheon whilst resisting arrest) it would have been a different matter.

Whilst most of us can identify with they did what they did and how they felt, I doubt that they ever expected to get away scot free.

Justice was done the first time regarding their crime, and clemency was shown on the subsequent appeal..

I wonder if justice was done to the burglar

[quote user="NickP"]

[quote user="Dog"]Do you think he'll get a place in the English cricket team now?[/quote]

Great comment from a troll

[/quote]

Thanks for the Gollum like comment - you may not have caught the irony. Asians have traditionally been ignored when it comes to the national team.

Its the system thats at fault, the police and the judiciary, people just don't trust either of them anymore but then is it really their fault or is it the fault of their boss's aga the government. Yet again a classic example of government not listening to what people really want which is good policing, strong penalties for criminals and to feel safe.

[quote user="Dog"][quote user="NickP"]

[quote user="Dog"]Do you think he'll get a place in the English cricket team now?[/quote]

[/quote]

Thanks for the Gollum like comment - you may not have caught the irony. Asians have traditionally been ignored when it comes to the national team.

[/quote]

From your comment it is obvious that you do not know what a troll is in internet terms, I suggest you do a bit of research. As for irony there was nothing ironical about your Cricket comment, in fact you obviously know nothing about cricket.  Quite a lot of "Asians" have played cricket for England, one even captained the side.

[quote user="NickP"][quote user="Dog"][quote user="NickP"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

From your comment it is obvious that you do not know what a troll is in internet terms, I suggest you do a bit of research. As for irony there was nothing ironical about your Cricket comment, in fact you obviously know nothing about cricket.  Quite a lot of "Asians" have played cricket for England, one even captained the side.

[/quote]

Likewise ye know not Gollum - ONE even captained the side - lol. Take your trolley and......

Well I second that,  but  in the UK   honest, innocent citizens are barely allowed to defend themselves!

Oh for the days when OH owned a 357 Magnum, and I learned to use it.  The theory for me was to aim for the chest, and if the recoil messes up your accuracy then you get ( a potential rapist) in the g**lies instead.

Interesting that judges  rationalise away such nasty violent crimes (that burglar)  since most judges live miles away from crime hotspots, and most have very secure accomodation when working away from home.

Tegwini