BLOGS

woolybanana

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, no, Wools, the tinge of sadness just won't do.  Shake up and Shape up, Old Boy!

Lordy, I wanted to be cheered up.  Just nothing seems to go quite right for me just now; the most benign thing to have happened to me lately is having the fosse emptied today.

So............just post something cheerful and funny, OK?

Bless!

Leave the miserable ruins alone and go and see some real life you daft apeth!!! And don't start rambling on about how you've lived a thousand years and seen and done it all and more or I'll smack you!

Enjoy your trip[:$]

[quote user="TWINKLE"]

Bless!

Leave the miserable ruins alone and go and see some real life you daft apeth!!! And don't start rambling on about how you've lived a thousand years and seen and done it all and more or I'll smack you!

Enjoy your trip[:$]

[/quote]

Twinks, what the hell is an "apeth"?

But, you ought to be careful about smacking him!  Who knows what smacking might do for Wools?

Wools, please, please , please do NOT remind me about what the highlights of my life are these days, for pity's sake! 

AAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhh

Why the hell does the software allow me to repeat myself?

It's bad enough when I do it in real life, nevermind virtual life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

The phrase you mean is 'worser and worserer'

A Wassock...........imagine a field with the hay / straw cut and bunched together into a cylinder about the span of your arms, then the cylinder is tied tightly about 3/4 of the way up, hence you have effectively a cone topped with an inverted cone.

when the upper face of the top (inverted) cone is all 'frizzy' it can be called a 'tufty - heyded (headed) wassock'

[:D][:D][:D]

Apeth or ha'peth is also well known in Kent, perhaps because we had quite a few daft ones, I was certainly called that by my mum.  Daft wassock was also in common use although as I remember the corn stacks were called stook's.

Now that I've had a bit of a think, these may or not be recognised by you.

Cack handed...awkward or left-handed.  Dab hand means good at something.  Emmet is an ant.  To have a gammy leg is to walk with a limp.

Then there is "Charlie's dead!" When a girls petticoat shows below the bottom of a frock.  And "It's raining over Will's mum's" when rain is expected shortly.

We used to play Tip Cat at school.

Just been South Wools, Marmande and back and blooming hot it was as well. Just why do they cut drain pipes in half to put on their rooves?  And I did notice the mais (sp) was twice the height as the stuff in Mayenne.

No, he already did it in a double decker bus.  He naws ya naw. (that was in answer to Wooly, you got in between Weedon).

There was once a joke somewhere in a programme about Margaret Thatcher eating and someone said she had squid on chin.  So we always used to say "squid on chin" to let the other know he had a drop or dribble of something that needed wiping.  I'm also full of knowledge you know.  We had a camping car once, an Estafette!   [:)]

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...