Big Brother finds new covert surveillance method.....

Dog

Facebook are operating a new facial recognition software.

They say it's so that when you put a picture of yourself for instance, drunk at a barbecue it will scan the picture and then look out for you on anyone elses photo postings and attribute you to the photo.

I wonder how much plod paid them for this lovely way to identify people.

It may be interesting to find how many people look like yourself and let's hope they are not criminals.

At this point, if you like a good yarn, I recommend reading The Fourth Realm Trilogy (vol.1 is "The Traveller"). Three gripping paperbacks, where the notion of surveillance is pushed to its limits. Of the author,  John Twelve Hawks, we are only told that he "lives off the grid".

[quote user="AnOther"]One more to add to the already long list of reasons not to be on there [;-)][/quote]

For me too, AnO. Also, do I really want to know what a friend or family member had for dinner or their "status" every few hours?

What is so downright annoying these days is if you are involved in any activity where information is required . It may be anything from a village cricket  club upwards  you are expected to have to look on facebook to find out what is happening . People dont let you know these days by publishing news letters what is going on  and what might be expected  from you ..You have to go on bl****y facebook to find out ..

I so agree, Frederick.  I'm not a mmeber, don't want to be a member, but it's getting to the point where one almost has to be a member. As MOH deeply distrusts FB's security and privacy policies, that ain't going to happen....