Murdoch Empire's new low

NormanH

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote user="LAiffricaine"]

[quote user="The Riff-Raff Element"]  ...  I went to Bristol  [:)]  Well-known contempories of mine include Lembit Opik (mostly famous for inserting himself into a Cheeky Girl) and BBC weather girl Helen Young, ... [/quote]

Actually Sian Lloyd of the ITV weather stable of fillies. Lamb in Orbit is well known in them parts of the world. Use to see him often with his 'girlfriends' at the local supermarket. The local joke was that he never knew which of the Cheeky Girls was 'hanging around' for favours. Certainly made a fool of his-self and it cost him his parliamentary seat, to which, in a welsh TV interview, he cried out was the fault of  the journos and newspapers and media to have painted a less than unfair picture of him. The truth is that the old liberal guard of the county just couldn't cope with his many ladies admirers taking precedence over important issues in the constituency, never mind what the papers said.

[/quote]I think that Riff meant he had been at Uni with Helen Young and Lembit Opik.

"Actually Sian Lloyd of the ITV weather stable of fillies. Lamb in Orbit is well known in them parts of the world. Use to see him often with his 'girlfriends' at the local supermarket. The local joke was that he never knew which of the Cheeky Girls was 'hanging around' for favours. Certainly made a fool of his-self and it cost him his parliamentary seat, to which, in a welsh TV interview, he cried out was the fault of  the journos and newspapers and media to have painted a less than unfair picture of him. The truth is that the old liberal guard of the county just couldn't cope with his many ladies admirers taking precedence over important issues in the constituency, never mind what the papers said."

I'd forgotten how he'd wronged young Sian. The cad. What I meant was that Ms Young was also at Bristol. She did geography, I think.

Lembit was a bit of a prat even all those years ago. Never good at judging moods, but he had a ready smile and a witty repost and he seemed to get by quite well on that.

Anyone know who tried to flan Murdoch Snr yet?

I thought the level of questions asked in all cases was rather infantile, more like pandering to insuring they get re-elected than getting down to the nitty gritty. I am not sure what the point was about the tax questions for instance when the answers could have been gained by written questions to the relevant government bodies. Seemed more to me that it was to do with being seen on TV than anything else. That woman with the long hair (rather young) seemed in a different world until asked to present her questions, the rest of the time she looked pretty bored. RM came over as having 'lost the plot' which is why his son answered most of the questions. The only time RM was 'lucid' was when he read his statement which I felt lacked sincerity.

I felt sorry for the (ex) head of the Met. Of course he didn't know a lot of what was gong on, it's called delegation and he can only repeat what he is told. He does not have any physical role in the day to day, at street level, running of the Met. Having said that I think he answered the questions quite well even though 12 year olds could have asked more probing ones.

I think we will have to wait for the legal side of all this when people are under oath to find out what really happened. You will have 'legal beagles' who know how to ask the more challenging questions.

I must admit I was a bit surprised that Vass was chairman but I guess it's because of the reason RH gave although I see no reason in many ways why they couldn't of replaced him.

Riff-Raff asks whether anyone knows who Murdoch's attacker was.

Yes, R-R, a comedian (appropriate) called Johnny Marbles and I did give a clue from my earlier post quoted below:

But Nick, he didn't say "humbling".  I'd have felt more sympathetic towards him if he had.  He said "humble day" thereby making me cringe!

Anyway he's clearly losing his marbles (Isn't the attacker one named Marbles?Big Smile [:D])

[quote user="sweet 17"]

Riff-Raff asks whether anyone knows who Murdoch's attacker was.

Yes, R-R, a comedian (appropriate) called Johnny Marbles and I did give a clue from my earlier post quoted below:

But Nick, he didn't say "humbling".  I'd have felt more sympathetic towards him if he had.  He said "humble day" thereby making me cringe!

Anyway he's clearly losing his marbles (Isn't the attacker one named Marbles?Big Smile [:D])

[/quote]

Sorry - it was too subtle for me [:D]

Good to see slapstick making a comeback though.

It's a shame the Dirty Digger won't be put in front of the Beak (though - who knows - perhaps he'll be detained at Heathrow DSK style as he prepares to head home to the Land of the Best Justice Money Can Buy). A nasty piece of work.

Mr Marbles real name is Jonathon May-Bowles, so I can see why he changed it so slightly for his comedy act.

What would I write if  I was going to do something like that? I don't know, but if my imagination didn't come up with something else, why not say that?

• 2 weeks later...