The world financial crisis

cooperlola

[quote user="just john "]

I do believe the markets will play out eventually,[/quote]Yeh, 'cos that system's  working so well!  Even Mr Greedspan saw the flaw (his word, not mine) in his thinking on that one.  If the documentary is ever on again, you should try to take a look.  It explains stuff far better than I can. 

[quote user="cooperlola"]  Yeh, 'cos that system's  working so well!    [/quote]

-documentary-looks-at-greenspan-s-flaw.html

''a bit like jailing the person who accidentally left the back door open and then pardoning the thief who came in and robbed everyone blind''

Not really, nobody said it will work well, . . .  but nor does anything else, governments? people protest?, what else have you got? except success or failure of the market?, keep on keeping on, "que sera sera" [blink]

[quote user="Polremy"]But, Coops, you have a PhD in Stuff!!! [/quote]But not in economics, at which I was an abject failure!  Besides, the advanced degree was donated to me by a fellow forum member (some are born advanced, some acheive advancement, and some have advancement foist upon them.[:D])

[quote user="cooperlola"][quote user="Polremy"]But, Coops, you have a PhD in Stuff!!! [/quote]But not in economics, at which I was an abject failure!  [:D])[/quote]

But Coops, even those that passed economics with PHD's have gone on to screw up the worlds finances and they still can't do half the stuff you can [:)]