Downton Abbey: an interesting view

woolybanana

Mr Schama needs to get a life - this is a light entertainment program, it makes no real pretence of accurately portraying historical events, instead real events act as a 'peg' on which to hang various story lines......its enjoyable escapism ...I suspect more than a touch of the green eyed monster as it seems Mr Schama's programs are not so popular!

(Furthermore Downton is a great export !)

Quite.  Soap opera in fancy dress.  It passes the time well enough but I still don't get the fuss.  I'll get around to the Christmas episode one of these days but I'm not in a hurry to do so.

1st episode of Season 4 of Sons of Anarchy tonight.  Phew.  Arrived home just  in time.[:)]

I'm looking forward to Birdsong in a way, but adaptations never live up to the book. I watched Call the Midwife due to there being nothing else new on that I fancied, and it wasn't as bad as I'd expected from the trailers. Is it autobiographical? My husband went and played on the computer though as he refused to watch it! 

Did anyone think or expect Downton Abbey to be a historically accurate depiction of the time? It was good Sunday evening escapism and I bet the BBC wish they'd made it.