Spiral! just what won't they do!

just john

[quote user="Cathy"][quote user="Cat"]

Don't give last night's plot away though, please... I've recorded it and not watched it yet.[/quote]

Last night?  In JJ's link, it says that it is on Wednesdays?

[/quote]

They screen 2 episodes back to back on Saturday, and then they are repeated on Wednesday.

I just guessed [:P] and I used to laugh at the kids wanting to watch Dr Who and hiding behind the sofa! but this is the nearest I've come to holding one hand (fingers apart) in front of my eyes, and one where the silly pre-show warning (this is very graphic and some may find it shocking) absolutely appropriate!

Friends of mine in the UK have been hooked since the first series. Non french speakers incidentally so need the sub titles.

Engrenages in french and for those of you in France, wasn't it on french tv? For all I can say that french tv can be really poor, it isn't always, and the things that are good, well some are better than that and brilliant. As to 'graphic', I thought that what was french tv,  always lots of 'graphic and explicit' ![;-)]

I've been watching it from the start and find it gripping. Every episode is unexpected in its events and outcomes. I can't wait for the last 2 episodes.

Why is it that the actors in it don't seem to be acting? They're totally believable as the characters they portray in a way I haven't seen for a long time.

[quote user="Renaud"]Where is Maigret when you need him ... [/quote]

... smoking a pipe, sipping a Pastis, dallying very briefly with Madame Maigret, solving a case from his favourite bar while sporting his heavy overcoat (even in hot weather) ... 

Watching Spiral with its portrayal of  corruption at every turn would surely put anybody off joining the police or practising law, unless they really wanted a challenge and were prepared to bend/break the law themselves.

Just John, sorry didn't get what you meant. 

• 3 months later...