Spiral! just what won't they do!

just john

[quote user="just john "]I'll be watching again  . . . [:-))][/quote] And so will I. I heard about the third series of Spiral via this forum way back in May,

never having heard of the programme before.  Admittedly I spent some of

the time peering through my fingers as I am not too brave at watching

violence, but I was hooked by the sheer quality of the acting and the frightening realism. Brilliant.

Usually I am more of a Morse watcher, so a bit of a change for me.

Sue

OH and I watched the first episode from series 1 last Saturday evening and it was revelation. Totally different from the episodes of series 3 I had seen in May this year, being much more judiciary based than policeman based. Having persuaded OH to sit down and watch with me I have to say he was enthralled, as was I. I had prewarned him the ending would be abrupt and leave him on the edge of his seat (as is their wont) ... and it did. Great stuff. Roll on next Saturday.

Sue

• 9 months later...

Here I am with a new danish thing on and depending on the subtitles, but last night on Engrenages, the sub titles were wrong. I would love to watch it without sub titles.

I enjoyed it but will have to watch it on iplayer and hopefully no sous titrage!

If you watch it on BBC (including iPlayer) I doubt that you'll be able to suppress the subtitles; they're added for the benefit of the UK audience.

EDIT: I had it in mind that the subtitles were like the old French films shown in UK cinemas, with subtitles added to the original film but maybe I've got this wrong. I've got the BBC boxed set of Spiral (series one and two), and having just checked now I see that the subtitles are optional, so perhaps you'll be in luck.