Mods

woolybanana

I have deleted the offensive word from the posts so that they now make even less sense than they did before.

I agree with J K Rowling, herself no great fan of Theresa May who, writing on the same subject this morning said,

"I’m sick of ‘liberal’ men whose mask slips every time a woman displeases them, who reach immediately for crude and humiliating words."

I am also bewildered by people who come on to the forum whose only apparent intention is to cause controversy.

[quote user="Hoddy"]One may choose whether or not to be a remoaner or a snowflake.

One may not make a choice about femaleness. Being a woman is not a design flaw.[/quote]

I think the word BÏ** like the word Fû** have lost their true sense of meaning to be fair.

I called a nail a Bî** the other day because I could not get it out of a piece of wood. I bet everyone does the same. Well the French do. LOL

I believe that the  'b' word has suffered from its misuse by Americans to describe sexual behaviour.

In Uk usage it is more akin to 'spiteful' or 'catty'.

It is not a word I would apply to Mrs May in either sense.

The reasons why I would not use it in the first sense should be obvious; and the second sense implies a sort of wit that she does not possess.

[quote user="woolybanana"](with one or two exceptions eg Ricky Rocket).[/quote]

Not old Ricky Rocket.

The same one who went to the moon in a rocket

The rocket went bang

His balls went clang

And he found his dick in his pocket.

Do you mean that one?

[quote user="alittlebitfrench"]

I am bewildered that a site that promotes France has a forum. This forum can't sell many houses.

BTW, yes I am bored today. Too hot to go out.[/quote]

It ain't sold mine yet!! Perhaps yer right and it's too 'ott to go out?

It is with 3 immobiliers here and 2 are 'supposed' to be putting on leboncoin, but as yet they haven't so we will be doing what Mr Bean does and start kicking bottom tomorrow.

We also have it on 2 U.K. selling sites as a private buy. What fascinates me is how the immos here warrent 5 or 6% !! That's something like 19,000€ if they sell our place! [:-))]

[quote user="Jonzjob"]It is with 3 immobiliers here and 2 are 'supposed' to be putting on leboncoin, but as yet they haven't so we will be doing what Mr Bean does and start kicking bottom tomorrow.

We also have it on 2 U.K. selling sites as a private buy. What fascinates me is how the immos here warrent 5 or 6% !! That's something like 19,000€ if they sell our place! [:-))]

[/quote]

Jonz, I didn't mean let IMMOS put it on leboncoin, I meant put it on YOURSELF.

People who look on leboncoin are looking to buy from particuliers and not be paying immo fees.

Just think how much more affordable your house would be if you subtracted that 19 k euros.

Norman, I trust that your "leboncon" is a typo or some sort of Freudian slim?[:D][:P]

jonzjob, I am sat here tutting.

When I eventually decided to use our local immobilier, I told them that their charges were too much and we agreed a set price. Why don't you do that?

I am sure that that would be of interest to prospective buyers, because it comes off the money they have.

And why not put it on Le Bon Coin yourself.

We  know a couple of people who sold their houses on LBC.  On the other hand, for the Gers, there are literally thousands of properties for sale on there, some for years.

We sold our last house here through an immo,  and to close the sale she dropped her fee by a few thousands. But that was in 2006, a good year to sell.

And we sold post crisis in 2009 and still negociated with the immo.....  I explained  that a lower fee was better than the house sticking and no fee at all.......... still, felt like daylight robbery, but better for us and the buyer.

Well this Mods thread keeps my mind turning.

If someone feels that Theresa May is, as was said a 'female dog', then I have to say that that is my feeling about Nicola Sturgeon.............. whether either are acting maliciously, vindictively, nastily, as that term would imply....... I don't know. And we all 'judge' others instinctively.

In fact for a lot of things I believe that the present UK government are in general, simply 'rotten' and malicious and vindictive, just plain nasty. I cannot think of a collective noun for such conduct, any ideas anyone????

And with regards for the B word...... women also have terms they use for human males.