Oh, THOSE trade deals.......!

mint

Yes, OF COURSE we can trade freely around the world after Brexit and there are SUCH a lot of opportunities out there!  Well, that's what the government thinks but you might like to disagree?

[url]https://www.theguardian.com/business/2017/sep/08/uk-exports-eu-weak-pound-trade-europe[/url]

[url]https://www.theguardian.com/business/2017/sep/08/uk-economy-treading-water-as-eurozone-stretches-ahead-says-bcc[/url]

• 4 weeks later...
An unforeseen glitch or something deliberately hidden from the public?

All the gory details are here.  For those "fed up" with Brexit, please do not read and then give me a hard time for posting.  You have been warned.

For those who WOULD like some information, uncoloured by the UK government, I am posting to be helpful![:)]

[url]http://www.politico.eu/article/us-rounds-on-britain-over-food-quotas-as-post-brexit-trade-woes-deepen/[/url]

Quite. However even I am surprised to find that people who want a "No deal" feel that everything will remain as it is now... it will be far worse.

In the meantime, Saint Teresa seems to have found the magic money tree to pay for the damage.

[quote user="mint"]Still no one is prepared to comment.

OK, one more try from me and then you are on your own[:P]

[url]https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/oct/11/brexiteers-trade-brexit-molly-scott-cato-greens[/url]
[/quote]

I didn't reply because I am to use your words "fed up with Brexit" to use mine "uninterested" so as you suggested I didn't read the article, now you seem to want people to [8-)]

Thank for replying, both of you.  I was beginning to think that I am the only person who is getting a wee bit twitchy about this whole business of trading with the world and taking back control of our borders.

As for those Commonwealth countries who are being sniffy............I mean what can one say?  Is no one remotely grateful to us for having baled them out in the past, saved them from nasty Germans, colonised them and helped them build railways, etc etc?[8-)]

Mint,

You really must come to terms with the fact that the UK is leaving the EU, hopefully there will be no deal, and we revert to WTO rules.

The important thing is for the UK to control its borders, take back any power from the courts and be able to make our own laws. We need a clean Brexit.

Besides, if you don't accept it, you may find yourself not being able to sleep at nights !!!

Richard51 wrote,

Ebay nut, you are clearly a racist.

No, I cant be a racist. When I was watching a video of an Antifa riot in the US, and an African American police officer started hitting a white Antifa member, I cheered on the African American gentleman, and was pleased to see him hitting the white leftist.

So clearly I am not racist. ;-)

Replying to all 3 of you here, in order of precedence[:)]

Chance, sorry, I posted before I could see your post.  Yes, I do want people to comment but not you, Chance, as I know you do not want to know anything about Brexit.  I can't understand why you wouldn't want to know about possibly the biggest change to UK life for decades but there it is!

Ebaynut, I had to smile at your post about my insomnia being linked to my inability to accept Brexit.  I am not actually losing sleep about Brexit because it's not happened yet and I hope it never will[:)] I could accept it, just, if we get a decent "deal" but that is becoming increasingly unlikely.

Richard, I was being ironic.  OF COURSE, our former colonies do not thank us for taking over their countries.  I was trying to do an impression of a dyed-in-the-wool, chauvinist person but clearly I need a lot more practice to be half-way convincing![:P]

No, Antifa are left wing thugs, who hate white people, even though many are white themselves.

They themselves are the racists.

They want to stop free speech, and hate the capitalist system, because they are life's losers, who never work themselves, so never have anything.

They do provide many hours of fun, watching them get hit by the police on you tube, for this I thank them.

Being serious for a moment (why), Barnier says today that the talks are stalled because the British wont talk divorce bill, but that it is urgent to move forward because the EU has to be able to plan for the financial future as do companies, etc. This, to my feeble mind, implies that the EU may be about to weaken its position as its own interests are under threat.

We shall have to see if the mandate given to Barnier is widened next week at the Council of Europe talks which should move things on a bit.

The obvious thing to do is to talk divorce bill and trade in parallel but make the implementation of one dependent on the other. However, this may be beyond the imagination of the Eurocrapts.

Pity Merkel is so preoccupied with her coalition problems as she might be able to bang heads together. Which has left Macron with champ libre, though he is busy cosying up to the farmers at the moment and fixing the price of our food (much higher, I think).

Yes, Ebaynut, you are a racist of the worst kind; I suspect that it is mainly a windup but do please remember that there is a code of behaviour on this forum which you are likely to fall foul of. It would be such a pity if the only forum which would accept you would be the British Bulldog one (assuming they have such things) belonging to the National Front. But maybe you are a member of that already.

Only a racist W/B, what about Alt right and neo Naz1, that is what liberals call others when they run out of argument.

As regards your little hint about falling foul of this forum, are you going to hit the report button again??

Close down anyone who disagrees with your viewpoint, is the only way forward for you I guess.

[quote user="ebaynut"]Mint wrote,

I could accept it, just, if we get a decent "deal" but that is becoming increasingly unlikely.

I was wondering what you considered a 'decent deal'?[/quote]

One where the Irish border question is settled so as not to tear apart the Good Friday agreement, one where EU citizens in the UK and UK ones in Europe who have established residence are not retrospectively penalised and where trade without punishing tariffs and controls between us and the EU can be put in place.

Yes, I know it isn't going to be like this because there is no political will to negotiate for these things and the present government is led by pygmies with no imaginative ideas or even a minimal level of competence. 

Mint, I am not sure that the other lot would do any better for Britain either. Let's face it, the Brexit decision was based on lies and false premises and mainly racism, rather like the campaign run by Mr Trump.

It is interesting to notice who Farage, the mobster who caused Brexit has been mixing with since. Says it all really.

All the more reason, don't you think Wools, to kick Brexit into the long grass and we all go back to how things were?

It might not all have been perfect but the alternative is to jump like lemmings into the abyss that surely awaits?

From Der Spiegel today.

"The politician only learns when he receives the consequences of his decisions and his actions (or non-actions) himself. However, the Camerons, Farages, Mays and Rees-Moggs do not have to fear this. As far as NAFTA or any other trade agreement is concerned, potential future trading partners will have to consider well whether and to what extent they want to enter into an unreliable, word-breaking and contract-breaking state that is bursting with hubris."

In other words who wants to have a trade deal with the UK which seems to go back on any deal it makes. Remember countries said the could do a deal with the UK once it had left the EU but non said the would. There is a big difference between could and would.

Trump does not want the UK to be part of the WTO unless it accepts American food products, chlorinated chickens and cattle that have never seen grass and are full of hormone injections. Trump also wants rid of NAFTA.

But then Trump does not deliver anyway, no wall, Clinton not in prison and the list goes on.

Mint, No point asking W/B, he hates the UK, so of course would wish us to remain in the EU, so we fund all the loony plans they have to waste our money.

I do however Mint, find no disagreement with the things you state you want from the Brexit deal, the only one thing I would add to them would be that if persons both in the UK and Europe commit a serious crime where they have moved to, they can be deported back to their home country.

And your thread is now a 'goer' congrats :-)