Brexit Deportations Beginning Next Month

NormanH

The subject of the video is very familiar to me. Spain for some time has attracted the worst kind of British visitor, with thousands of them in illegal full-time work.

Although I was not allowed to vote on Brexit, as Norman may remember from posts long ago, I was in favour of Brexit - not however expecting the shambles that May and Johnson have managed to make of it.

Firstly, I didn't think the UK belonged in the EU - they were never really committed to it, especially the stated end objective of Union, and almost every year seemed to ask for - and expect - derogations from the rules.

After 20 plus years in Mallorca, most of them spent running a business there, I was sick of the behaviour of Brit tourists there, which I don't need to describe for most here. No other nationality behaved as they do, and anything limiting their access had to be for the good. They were part of the reason we left, as they took over the quiet suburb we lived in for longer and longer periods every year.

I moved to Spain well before it joined the EU and had no problem becoming resident there with a work permit, so didn't expect any great problems after 20-odd years in France. As a Spanish pensioner I admit I also have the right to return to Spain as a resident, but that would be a last resort.

So the WA arrangements were an unexpected but very welcome bonus, and if some illegal immigrants never intend to return, that is the icing on the cake.