Norman, are you listening?

mint

I am always a bit behind.

I just caught up with the Walton Violin concerto with Midori....I knewteh viola Concerto before , but not this.

Will listen later to Tamsin Little.  She had a great reputation with some of the violin students at Wells that I used to accompany sometimes

• Replies 921
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you for the links, Norman.

We have sort of lost sight of Arte because we don't seem to get it properly in the new house.  The annoying thing is we have brought all the TV stuff over and so it should work.

Sometimes, we manage to get the sound but not the picture.  As in the previous place, we have the parabole as well as the antenne...

Salzburg is one of those cities I have always wanted to visit so it was great to see the city and the concert hall.

I have never heard of Véronique Gens but we have Renée Fleming singing Aprè un rêve and, if you haven't heard it, you MUST.  She is one of my absolute favourite sopranos.

I still have a recording of her singing Strauss' Four Last Songs when she sang at the Proms years ago and, whenever I play it, it still brings tears to my eyes 

En fin, I have been able to look at your link and it is indeed impressive.

Glorious music.....

BTW, I read a lot about Beethoven years ago and I became completely fascinated by his story.

In fact, when OH and I were married, we had Beethoven's Spring Sonata and, when I die, I think I will have the second movement from the Eroica.

Tell me, about these speakers for the computer, do they need to be "computer speakers" or can you adapt ordinary speakers to fit?  Sorry to be so clueless.....

Do listen to the Norrington Eroica. You may hate it but I find it bursting with life

http://www.youtube.com/user/HDvideocollections#g/c/53C3B211986CB506

The Horns in the trio of the Scherzo are wonderfully German rustic

Second movement:

http://www.youtube.com/user/HDvideocollections#p/c/53C3B211986CB506/1/2bUynSV7D_A

you can buy special computer speakers for about 30/40 €  , but make sure they have a separate bass unit

http://www.amazon.fr/tag/enceintes%20pour%20pc/products

à plus tard, Norman.

Thought of you this morning at breakfast when I heard some great recordings of some Bach chorales.  Thought they'd just be the sort of music you'd like.

No time to stop en ce moment......

Duty, that demanding so-and-so, calls...

Not had time to follow your links.  Life is one pleasant, busy episode after another!

Just come on the Forum and found your post.

This evening, we were dawdling over our meagre meal (main meal is lunch), sitting outside, watching the sun set and the moon rise, smelling the evening-scented flowers, drinking a very acceptable Corbières (not my choice but OH had it opened) and listening to a Fado CD he had.

It's nice on a warm evening to listen to Fado though OH is more of a fan than I am.

Oh, Pacha, I am so glad you have come on here and, you will see from an earlier post, that I am

very excited about Andris Nelsons.

But, it's now confession time. You know, after you helped me to download Adobe's latest version, I seemed only able to download it to Google Chrome and not the usual Google thingy that I use to look for the Forum.

Therefore, in order to view Norman's links, I have had to go to Chrome and I am not that keen on it.

So, how do I get to download Adobe on my usual Internet Explorer?

Ye gads, how I hate anything to do with computers or "technology" but needs must.

I did think one year I'd go to the Bayreuth festival but, alas, it hasn't happened yet.

Excuse the long post about nothing but oh la la, I don't think I am meant to live in the present century!