viewing active threads

morning all

am i just imagining it, or did i used to be able to hover over the title of an active thread, and the first few words popped up ?

if i did, i can't now, so how could i get it back ? if i didn't, i going senile and need to be given wax crayons and paper instead of a    computater.

also, is there a way, when looking at active threads, that you can go straight to the unread ones, rather than having to scroll through the entire topic ? 

arthur

If you click on your name at the top of the page to 'edit your details' you will see 'site options' and :

Enable Post Mouse-Over Popup

and the 'yes' checkbox should be checked for you to be able to see the text on mouse over.

You look at unread threads (in which case you also get all the sticky's) or active but I don't believe there is a combination of both.  I think the reason I stopped looking at 'unread' was it didn't show new posts that had been added, only threads where I hadn't looked at any part of the thread.  If it wasn't that it was some other good reason!

thanks debra, got the text showing now.

i don't think i explained the bit about unread threads properly. what i meant was, when you open an active thread, how do you go to the newest unread posting rather than starting at the first post and scrolling through.

arthur

Same again - edit your details; site options; sort posts :descending (instead of ascending).  I ended up changing this back too as I found it annoying to have to find the latest post I hadn't read when there had been a lot of posts added to a thread!  I suppose it would be better if you always manage to check threads when there haven't been many posts, but otherwise.......also, it doesn't seem logical reading posts back to front really.  You normally read forward, so the direction in which the thread develops seems natural.....

edit: just saw powerdesals post - the newest to oldest drop down menu will also do it, but only in one thread, whereas if you change it on site options it will always be your default.  Also, if you use newest to oldest it seems to lose that setting after you've added a post or edited one!

If there have been new posts added, the icon in the left hand corner turns blue, if you haven't read it - then just click on the last page number (if it's a big one) & your are virtually at the end.  it's not foolproof & it's not excactly what your looking for, Arthur - but it saves you having to check if new posts have been made or by trying to remember who posted last.

I tried changing my list from "newest to oldest" - but boy, was it confusing & weird trying to do everything backwards!!  [blink]  So, now unless I'm after something specific,  I just check the "My Forums" & then the "Active" topics to see what's on the go.