Future ideas

George

[quote user="ErnieY"]

In that right click menu did you see Back ?

Try it, much quicker than going up to the back arrow in the toolbar [;-)]

[/quote]

Now this has been a productive day.  No, I hadn't spotted that... that will be very useful as well.... good one Ernie.[B]

Now one further question, why can't I add smilies to my posts?  I'm using Firefox 2.0.0.11

I click on the relevant "Post Icon" smile but nothing gets posted! [:@]

Except by doing what I just did above and copying from the "Properties Alternate Text"

Thanks again Ernie.

[quote user="DerekJ"]why can't I add smilies to my posts?  I'm using Firefox 2.0.0.11

I click on the relevant "Post Icon" smile but nothing gets posted! [:@]

Except by doing what I just did above and copying from the "Properties Alternate Text"

Thanks again Ernie.

[/quote]

Post icon will add an icon to your post title.

To add an icon to your text, click on the arrow at the right of Insert Smiley, on the toolbar just above the text box. Choose your smiley from the description and it will appear in the text.

[quote user="George"]Unless I've missed this, how about a way to save worthwhile threads for future use?[/quote]

Have you tried Google note??? I find it really useful. If you go to the google homepage and click on "more" on the top left, then on "even more" in the drop-down menu, you can load this clever little application (notebook). It's nothing like notepad in word, BTW, it allows you to highlight anything on a webpage (not even the entire page, so it's not like an "add to favourites" thing, either). Once you've highlighted the bit you want to save, you "clip" it and it's saved to your notebook, which lives in the bottom right of your screen. You can save things to the notebook under different headings, organise them as you wish, and when you go back to them and click on them, it opens the exact webpage at the information you originally saved.

So, if you wanted to save a thread or a post from here, you'd simply highlight the post in question, clip it and save it to your notebook. Then it's be there the next time you wanted it without you having to search the entire forum. (Unless, possibly, it had subsequently been deleted, but that's a relatively rare occurrence).

[quote user="Clair"]

Post icon will add an icon to your post title.

To add an icon to your text, click on the arrow at the right of Insert Smiley, on the toolbar just above the text box. Choose your smiley from the description and it will appear in the text.

[/quote]

Thanks Clair. That's the danger of being familiar with the way it happens with one set of BB software and presuming it's the same on everywhere else.  Thanks for sorting me out.[:)][:D][B]

[quote user="You can call me Betty"]

[quote user="George"]Unless I've missed this, how about a way to save worthwhile threads for future use?[/quote]

Have you tried Google note??? I find it really useful.......

[/quote]

Thanks Betty will give that a try - anything serious have been keeping in a database, but this will be handy for short term use and then save or not as necessary. [B]