A typical French weekend?

Saturday. Two corridas at the Fete de Lunel, then four abrivados, listened to brass band, then had big noisy meal with about 50 club taurin members, ate stuffed encornets, then what looked suspiciously like tinned mixed fruit for dessert. Highly alcoholic Sangria and much wine was imbibed by all. Invited chez the landlord in the evening, ate magret de canard and ratatouille. Looked at stars, listened to Scops Toad (or was it a Midwife Owl?), got cold, discussed cabbages, kings, class in Britain, and house prices.

Sunday. Messed around with guests until they left, then wandered through the woods to see the Tour de France whizzing past. Had beer chez friend who lives by the route and watched for ourselves on the vid.
On way home had a tipunch or two with Guad copain (it would have been churlish to refuse, nesspa?), took home a hatful of ripe figs, and here we are back at home, just about containing our excitement at the prospect of yet ANOTHER salad!

Thank goodness for alcohol, I can pretend the landlord didn't really say he wanted 400 000 euros for the house, non-negotiable!

I don't have a satellite dish. I reckon 20 sur vingt for integration, whaddya all reckon?

Better than my weekend SB. Did grocery shopping yesterday. Gigantic storm last night so I hardly slept. Got up late, had big brekkie. Partner went to play petanque, I went to bed.
Now am catching up on the forum. Been miserable weather today anyway, so I dont feel too bad.

PS We DO have a satellite dish. We cant pick up French TV on it, and Grant keeps promising to erect an aerial so that we can, to help improve our French, or if only to watch the weather forecast. Also, at the risk of being stoned to death - I DO watch some soaps

LAST EDITED ON 18-Jul-04 AT 07:40 PM (BST)

Sorry to be picky but I have to deduct a point for the hat decoration.
Even now I can see madame telling her husband of the strange man she met who doffed his hat to her........

PS.
Just had a quick peeps at your wotsit and wonder if I have assumed wrongly at gender, if so, pardon moi and read strange woman.....

LAST EDITED ON 18-Jul-04 AT 09:14 PM (BST)

Ho Ho

They are all like that in S******** !

And yesterday we had a BBQ prolongee. Or nearly !
I didn't get round to getting the BBQ out of the garage, so used the oven instead.

Sat went like this :

06.30 - 12.30 Working on latest urgent project
12.30 - 13.30 Local market
13.30 - 14.20 Helping neighbour with very green pool
14.21 - 21.30 Long lunch, far too much wine
21.30 - 22.00 Check emails
22.00 - 22.30 Clear debris, load dishwasher etc.

But no hangover after a late start at 07.00 this morning !

God works in mysterious ways ?

Wasted today by working on project, reading UK sunday papers on the web, watching Tour de France pass end of my road, watering, and still feel strangely tired

Peter
http://tlp.netfirms.com