Language / politeness

Patter

Why do some people have to use such things as b******, or rudeness to other people and the french system and the french.

there are often subjects on here that I would like to show other people, but i cant because of the above.

I am not a prude, I have had to listen to bad language for the last 22 years from our foster children, until they learnt better. But now I have retired i dont really want to read or listen to what I class as bad manners, if you wish to talk like that to your friends in your own life like that fine but please respect other people that you do not know they may find it offensive.

the backbiting is also very boring.

I know the answers that I will get back, they will be if you dont like it then dont log on. that is exactly what i often do, i dont log on for months, but being a woman I wander what I am missing.

go on do your worst.

patter

If you have fostered children over a number of years then I would respectfully suggest that you know it really does take all types to make the world....internet forums certainly attract a diverse range of people with a common interest, in this case France.

People being what they are, they have different standards of language, manners and politeness, however if you really feel someone has over stepped the mark you should either complain to the moderators or post your feelings in reply.

As you say people may choose to use less moderate language among friends, but there are many regulars here and we ARE friends of a sort,(rather like a group who meet in a bar) we might not always agree just like in *real* life, but on the whole ( OK, there are always a few exceptions) I doubt there is very much malice intended, and I guess most of us also enjoy the company of French people. French bureaucracy comes in for its share of criticism, as does British.....c'est la vie.

Why not join in and give it a try....??

Gay
http://www.quimperclub.org/

You want to hear the french swear - I've learned a few new words over the years and so have they!! We are just ordinary folk on here who express ourselves as close as we can as if we were talking in a bar,so inevitably a few swear words creep in, where's the harm anyway! If you don't like it, try one of those "sweet" forums where everyone is so pally.

>Why do some people have to
>use such things as b******,
>or rudeness to other people
>and the french system and
>the french.
>
I can't honestly say I have noticed this. Maybe because I am so used to hearing such words these days that they just don't strike me or maybe because I tend to skip through most of the topics very rapidly to get to the info I want and I simply miss them. As for the backbiting I just move on to another topic. I must say that I tend to steer clear of the Postbag and stick to the more practical topics of the Forum, which in the main, are absolutely brilliant. I also steer clear of anything that starts to have 'flames' (more than 30 posts I think) since these can almost be guaranteed to contain a load of stuff I don't want to read.

As for being rude about the French and the system, I don't think it unreasonable to point out the down side to the way of life here. It isn't all a bed of roses and I think anyone who wants to buy a property or live here should be aware of that in advance.

Liz (29)