So what else....?

Ive seen a few posts that compare UK to France prices and also things that people miss. So, apart from food, what other goods do you find it difficult to get in France? What else do you miss being able to buy? And apart from paint, what else is more expensive than the UK?

Travelling - in terms of having to go miles and miles just to get a Pizza takeaway, hire a video/DVD for the night,hospital or collect the kids from Lyce when there is no bus, when inthe UK everything,including materials for work, was less than 2 miles away from home. You can see why cars here for sale have very high mileage on them in such short times, bit like a scaled down Australia whey they drive 200miles for a dance on a sat night, I would imagine. All this soon adds up to a lot of money spent on diesel and petrol over a year.

LAST EDITED ON 14-Aug-04 AT 10:29 AM (BST)

After several years here I don't miss anything. I was obliged to spend several weeks in England recently. I came across a French market in the local town, the nostalgia I felt, particularly when I spotted a Breton chap in full costume with our black and white flag was quite overwhelming. I had to go round and talk to some of the stall holders just to get a 'fix' of the french language.

On second thoughts I could fancy some Cheddar cheese and Cadbury's Fruit and Nut, neither widely available here. Just noticed you said 'apart from food' so I'll go back to my first answer.

Liz (29)