Five stars

Iceni

I've got 5 stars next to one of my posts - I thought it meant that I was the one who posted (??) but judging by my others posts - obviously not.

Guess it must be my perfect english (non!) great question or that I won the lottery?

And I am a supreme being too - yippee!

Deby

Thanks Gay, hadn't discovered that feature There's no manual for this software.

Just to hijack this topic I'm using our ancient laptop with Windows ME for this session. I've got a good connection, 48K plus, but otherwise I'm getting exactly the same as you, no smilies, no text formatting etc. I cheated to get the above smiley. I have AVG virus protection on the laptop, Norton on the desktop - could it be? Apart from different OS that's the only real difference. It's also very odd using an English (or rather American in this case) keyboard rather than French.

[quote]Ok - how did you do that smilie then , all I get is :-)Any one with AVG able to see all the options ? (smilies, text options etc)[/quote]

Gay,

Seem to have all that one is meant to have and on AVG  plus Zone Alarm all live and working so........

I still have occasional lapses of having to refresh to get things moving on a bit quicker but that could be the server perhaps.

[quote]Ok - how did you do that smilie then , all I get is :-)Any one with AVG able to see all the options ? (smilies, text options etc)[/quote]

I have seen the smileys but not now. I think it was either when I did a new post or a private message. I've not seen the other stuff. I do have AVG (one of the few things I do know about the computer - mother in laws initials you see, so I notice it!)

Yep, just checked - I can see the smileys if I go to do a new post, but only smileys that highlight a topic - not for actually inserting into text. Can't see text options either.

Incidentally, those smileys someone introduced us too on the old system. I downloaded the connection to those but was only able to use it on e.mails. It played havoc with the computer so we got rid of them.

With Smiley Central on the old forum, you had to click on the smiley you wanted, it would tell you you couldn't have it, then you clicked on "copy HTML" and deleted a load of the HTML..... this time round it seems to work just by clicking on the smiley you want.  I can see him here, will he continue to dance when I post, I wonder?   Wakka Wakka 

Gay - you can make smilies by typing just the semicolon and the bracket - : ) (but without the space between - if I leave that out the smiley appears rather than the characters to produce it.

Some of the others are (again, all without spaces) : O , : ( ,  : D , : P  , ; ) . You can get more by typing (again without spaces) things like : blush , : confused , : angry ,  : cool , etc.

SB - that's great about Smiley Central. I know several people used it with the old forum but for me it was just too much aggravation to get it working.

I have AVG and can see all the formatting and smileys BUT I don't have AVG running to check my e-mails, I also have On-speed but have that turned off for e-mail as well. I run Benign which removes all unusual code - so I don't get virus riddled files or 'spy bots' in e-mails.

Looks like it could be AVG then.  I also don't have XP SP2 running as I have programs which it will affect - so I just run all the security systems I can think of.