The rise and rise of "myself"

Iceni

[quote]Question for the clever people (and teachers as well) Why has "myself" risen to prominence seemingly at the expense of "I" or is it "me" ? John[/quote]

Dunno,

How did "Gay" meaning happy, turn in to "Gay" meaning homosexual?

How did "wicked" meaning nasty, turn into "Wicked" meaning great?

'How did "Gay" meaning happy, turn in to "Gay" meaning homosexual?'

Wish I knew

PS But there are compensations: Waterstones have a whole section of books that look like they are just for me, 'Gay interests' on the other hand I can never wear a T shirt with my name on it Or if some one says for instance I'm Susan, I can't reply 'I'm Gay'

[quote]Dunno, How did "Gay" meaning happy, turn in to "Gay" meaning homosexual? How did "wicked" meaning nasty, turn into "Wicked" meaning great?[/quote]

"How did "Gay" meaning happy, turn in to "Gay" meaning homosexual?

How did "wicked" meaning nasty, turn into "Wicked" meaning great?"

Sorry, you are behind the times here - these days Gay means silly. At least it does to the teenagers in the Nottingham area!

....and to say someone is "weird" is a compliment these days. It probably just means someone is eccentric and that may well be a good thing - sometimes!

I don't think it's good to be a weirdo though!

Sorry if this is now a repeat, but what came up after I posted has been completely scrambled on my computer! This is what my posting was meant to say!

"How did "Gay" meaning happy, turn in to "Gay" meaning homosexual?

How did "wicked" meaning nasty, turn into "Wicked" meaning great?"

Sorry, you are behind the times here - these days Gay means silly. At least it does to the teenagers in the Nottingham area!

....and to say someone is "weird" is a compliment these days. It probably just means someone is eccentric and that may well be a good thing - sometimes!

I don't think it's good to be a weirdo though!

(BETTER BUT STILL NOT QUITE RIGHT - HOW DOES IT LOOK TO YOU? CAN'T EXPLAIN BUT IT'S ALL GONE A BIT LOBSIDED!)