Cat turned back !

Miki

Has the USA totally cracked up?

Cat Stevens who turned to Islam in 1977 was refused entry today "on national security grounds" in to the USA. Four years ago he was also stopped from entry in to Israel.

Since turning his back on the music industry, he has helped many children, has preached against wars and hatred and denounced the vile creatures that seek to gain something by slaughtering innocents in the name of religion. So why has this most gentle of men been turned away?

He is on the list of wanted men by the USA. His recordings were terrific to my mind (we went to a few of his concerts and loved them) so it can't be his music, can it?

Possibly it might come down to this, last year he released two songs, including a re-recording of his 1970s hit Peace Train, in opposition to the war in Iraq.

Any other reason?

I am so glad that Jack Straw was able to protest to Colin Powell at the UN about this. You could not hope to meet a more gentle and peaceful soul than Steve/Cat/Yusef. And he was the first 'pop' person to be a UN Ambassador - hardly someone on Bin Laden's 'friends and family' list.

Just another example of how the US authorities simply don't have a clue. I reckon they are just sucking up to Israel as usual (and I speak as someone with a Jewish grandmother).

As for him looking like the 'shoe bomber' - not in my eyes!