Is it a bargain

Teamedup

I was right then.

I was driving home the other afternon and a big poster came out of the gloom, trying to entice me to buy a 44 CD thingy by Charles Aznavour. I drove the rest of the way home wondering if my mind was playing games.

My thoughts still confuse me though. Who is going to buy that lot and at around an hour or so per CD. It is almost a full 2 days of sleep deprivation (or the opposite in fact?) listening to Charlie crooning away.

So I wasn't dreaming but are the sellers?

TOH has just said that Cora Supermarket has a huge display about Monsieur Aznavour just inside the shop, give that shop a swerve for a few weeks then, lest someone pops it in to my trolley for a crack  

........ so it must have been 679 euros, unbelieveable............I could have my new specs for that price....... didn't see people queueing up for these big plastic boxes full of the albums, they had loads of these boxes too, maybe everyone else couldn't believe their eyes.

I feel I should point out that somebody had to be Charles Aznavour; it was just the way the cards fell for him.

I for one always admired his courage, the playful glint in his eyes as he approached the microphone; the hushed sympathy of his audiences, their relief and applause whenever he put it down.

We can be sure many a record producer has cried copious tears. How can we carp at a measly 679 euros - a small price when compared to what they have lost.

Ho hum.