Dinner Parties

Quillan

From the past - B Bardot cos lust rules ok ? (Di's comment - would have to be from a long way back -)

From the present - the entire French RU squad so that I can nobble them ahead of the 6 Nations .

John

p.s. Quillan - are you Amelie in drag ?

Joan of Arc, Robert Crumb, Richard Coeur de Lion, Edith Piaf, Josephine Baker, Jacques Brel, Brigit Bardot, Juliette Binoche, Marcel Marceau, Jean******teau, Napolean & Josephine, Marie Antoniette, Jules Leotard, Louis Mrcel & Fernand Renault, Jean-Pierre Beltoise, Jean Behra, Patrick Depailler, Louis Rigolly, Leon Théry, Hubert le Blon. The table is getting full even though I have a large dining room. The people that would not attend would be animal abusers.

Fernand Renault, Jean-Pierre Beltoise, Jean Behra, Patrick Depailler, Louis Rigolly, Leon Théry, Hubert le Blon. 

I shall risk eviction from Forum for display of ignorance by asking, "who are all these people?"  A couple of names sort of ring a bell but I can't put profession or faces to any of them.

Forget dinner party, I'm not sharing him with anyone, but I'd invite the late, great Francois Truffaut.

Nicolas Sarkozy, so that if we all get drunk and aggressive, we can take it out on him.

And of course Jacques Chirac.  Once we're all sated with good food and nice wine, and are pleasantly exhausted from giving Sarko a good beating, we'll ask Jacques to start talking.  I'd give it a minute at the most, and we'll all drift off dreamily into a deep deep sleep.

Why has no-one asked for the Marquis de Sade?

Fernand Renault, Car racer and maker

Jean-Pierre Beltoise, Car and motorcycle racer

Jean Behra, Car racer

Patrick Depailler, Car racer

Louis Rigolly, Land speed record holder and car racer

Leon Théry, Car racer

Hubert le Blon, Another early car racer

I'd have thought you wouldn't know who Robert Crumb was>

"I was led to believe that your unbounded joy and happiness were never at such a par as when sharing them with me. Was I falsely informed of your ways and worth? Was I duped to ascend the ladder of liberty, the hill of harmony, the tree of triumph, and the rock of regard, and when wildly manifesting my act of ascension, was I to be informed of treading still in the valley of defeat?

Don't you just love it when Sir Alex dreams up these sayings.

Dog, How is Gran getting on with the new man ?

[quote]"I was led to believe that your unbounded joy and happiness were never at such a par as when sharing them with me. Was I falsely informed of your ways and worth? Was I duped to ascend the ladder of li...[/quote]

Granny is fine but embarassing - she phoned yesterday and told me how the previous day she was walking down the main street in Ushuaia wearing her very tight satin trousers and a see through blouse, a man came up to her and asked "how do you get into those tight trousers" She replied " A large Gin & Tonic would be a start".

Granny is fine but embarassing - she phoned yesterday and told me how the previous day she was walking down the main street in Ushuaia wearing her very tight satin trousers and a see through blouse, a man came up to her and asked "how do you get into those tight trousers" She replied " A large Gin & Tonic would be a start".

Ah, the kind of chat up line that I could never resist. She must be revelling in her new role now that women have that kind of freedom. We had the 60's but it was still difficult to find an attractive lady like Gran, to utter those immortal words

[quote]Granny is fine but embarassing - she phoned yesterday and told me how the previous day she was walking down the main street in Ushuaia wearing her very tight satin trousers and a see through blouse, a...[/quote]

I have never found my grannie attractive and cannot remember the sixties, come to that the seventies or the eighties or nineties. My wifes grandmother was 96 when she threw of her veil and met the almighty and then died.