Impeach Chirac

SaligoBay

The man is not only extremely dull and less interesting that watching creme fraiche going green in le frigo, but he's managed to wangle himself into a position of presidential immunity from accusations of corruption and fraud:

http://www.odiousdebts.org/odiousdebts/index.cfm?DSP=content&ContentID=6216

Seriously, imagine the outrage you would feel if Blair did that.

And of course, Chirac knowingly sent British and American soldiers to death in Iraq to save his own oil interests there:

http://www.babsonfreepress.com/news/2004/10/21/Opinions/The-Frenchiraqi.OilForFraud.Scandal.Exposed-779985.shtml

Ah yes, the guy who got himself re elected after his own supporters resorted to using the slogan 'vote for the crook, not the fascist'. If it came to it, as you say SB, he would just bore everyone into submission, whereas TB looks likely to either implode, or explode any day now. The state he was when he and Chirac were filmed together together when Chirac was in UK recently was shocking.

Maybe they could round a few up for a multiple trial, save the Euro taxpayers some money.

This relates to Chirac's food and entertaining bills when Maire of Paris, doesn't it?  I read somewhere yesterday that the case against him had ground to a halt but didn't realise it was on the basis of presidential immunity.  SB, you're good with links, don't suppose you could find one detailing what exactly he spent the public's money on by way of food & drink during his time in office?  From what I remember, it made fascinating reading.  Almost gave me political ambitions...  M

Margaret, I know SB will find something, it is out there and our SB is the gal to find the dirt alright

It is not just food and entertaining, he also had "presidential places" that were given out to family and friends. Like you I guess, I have no such family who might offer me the luxuries of life, although we have one son is in politics but  unfortunately low key only, I'm afraid.

I like Jacques.  He is so obviously crooked.

Did you read that his chef is retiring so they did an envelope and collected 1300€ from the staff....only to have it nicked.

They are blaming Sarkie.....

I also love the envelopes.  Oh good.  Friday.  The envelope stuffed with money will soon be here.....!

French ministers gave themselves a huge rise a year or so ago. Several hundren percent if not a lot more than that. The reason being that the treasury was going to stop giving them a huge sum in cash. I mean huge. This was for....... well would speculate about this. I know someone who used to work in a ministry in Paris and she was given lump sums in cash as a little cadeau from time to time. Not much of the wad incidentally. Was it to grease palms, for entertaining.....thought that they had a budget for that already?

Maybe it was just that french ministers deserved huge amounts of cash just for them, because they're worth it?