Forum on new servers

[quote]Sorry everyone but it isn,t any quicker for me, still waiting and waiting and waiting for page download Janey[/quote]

Janey,

This would depend largely on your internet connection. If you're still using some sort of narrow band link (basically anything other than ADSL or higher capacity leased links), then the site's performance is still going to be fairly slow.

There's unfortunately nothing we can do about this....

Tim

Hello Forum Admin

Great to see increase in speed but since the server move the problem relating to unable to see posters name and control panel not being visible has returned i have reconfigured Norton Firewall to reflect the new site addresses but this has not cured the problem. Why has a simple server move resulted in the recurrence of earlier problems?

life is too short to spend time resolving this recurring problem every time you make a change,

yours in frustration Paul   

[quote]Hello Forum Admin Great to see increase in speed but since the server move the problem relating to unable to see posters name and control panel not being visible has returned i have reconfigured Nort...[/quote]

Paul,

This is probably related to Norton Firewall. If you try browsing the site without this enabled, do you still have the same problems?

The server move will have caused this because the URL the forums use has changed. It's now http://forums.livingfrance.com

This is due to various reasons as explained on other threads.

In advance warning, we will probably need to change the URL again (3rd change) when the rest of the site is moved across. At this point the address will go back to www.livingfrance.com/forums, or something similar.

Suggest you configure Norton with a URL based on wildcards - *.livingfrance.com/* - if this is possible.

Regards

I'm with Janey on this. The improvement to the login is good but the speed is no different. It really does annoy me this business of Broadband. AFAIK there is no prospect of me getting Broadband in this rural area in the near future and even if it were available I am not at all sure that I would wish to pay for it, given the fairly limited use I make of the Internet (I do have a life )

I have been looking at property web sites recently, by their nature they have loads of photos to download, but there is only one site that gives me real trouble. When I e-mailed the owners they said, of course, if you had Broadband ... But it is very strange that other large sites with loads of details still download very well indeed.

Liz (29)

• 2 weeks later...