Renewing a British passport in France

SaligoBay

Well whaddya know!    I think the search facility was having a funny five minutes when I tried earlier, it gave me all sorts of interesting threads that I hadn't seen before (and quite a few server timeout messages!), but not the useful one.

I've just tried again, and hey presto, a whole thread devoted to it! 

Thank you to the Two Ts for replying. 

What a coincidence thread as this morning I have just sent off for the forms for my kids renewals. Look on www.britishembassy.gov.uk/servlet/Front? and it gives you all the french details.

Cost is 88,00€ for a standard 32-page and 105,00€ for a 48 page and child's passport is 57,00€

I decided not to download the forms as my ink is low and for the cost of a normal stamp and a sae for 0,69€ its cheaper to send for them. I see now you can actually pay by personal cheque, years ago you could only pay by cash at the Post office or go in Person to Paris (not practical from way out here).

I have just renewed my sons' passports..........they took about 2 weeks to come back. The worst part was getting the photos countersigned as it has to be by someone who has known you for 2 years and we have been here less than 18 months. I ended up sending the whole lot back to a JP friend in the UK to fill in as there didn't seem to be any other way round it, so may be worth remembering if you need your new passports in a hurry (not you SB, I know you have been here for longer than 2 years!!)

Regards

Chris

It may be different for child passports, but I have it on record from the British Consulate in Paris that it is not necessary for the forms or photographs to be countersigned for straightforward renewals (as stated in the FAQs).

Apparently that website I looked at yesterday to get the CURRENT details is already out of date by about a year where the sae is concerned. I had to put a 0,80€ stamp on the envelope as this is the second price rise since 0,69€ was the correct rate. We've always got the maire to sign any photos and you get a nice official stamp on it too and its free.