[quote]Oh yes I see what you mean.............it's a port, so it could be Dover then ?Not easy the photo is quite small.[/quote]

Ah yes, I see what you mean, the white sails of the Opera House, could be seen as the white cliffs of Dover. However I don't recall a "coat hanger" straddling the channel. (For those that are unaware "coat hanger" = Harbour Bridge). At least from where I am standing!

[quote]...and very beautiful it is too. Universally known to be one of the few instantly recognised places in the world. Except by me......[/quote]

You need to pay a visit then - good food, excellent wine, sun, some of the time, in fact why I wonder do I spend time looking at this site, wishing I was closer to your neck of the woods. Must be the ambience, or the draw of the just unattainable!!!

[quote]You need to pay a visit then - good food, excellent wine, sun, some of the time, in fact why I wonder do I spend time looking at this site, wishing I was closer to your neck of the woods. Must be the...[/quote]

I think I do actually.

Many friends and family have been to Oz and NONE have ever been disappointed and several have stayed on to live succesfully all around Australia but believe me when I say the same cannot be truly said of France.

My sister is upset as now both daughters are now in OZ. We have cousins, nieces, nephews and some old school friends that have gone out and not one has come back, well apart from holidays that is, so................yep, it is for you the old grass is greener syndrome I reckon.

[quote]as a new forum member it would be a great help if EVERY member filled in their dept name so we can all see where everyone is ,i am sure it would help cut postings to say WHERE ARE YOU...........thanks...[/quote]

**WHERE ARE YOU......'

We are in 35, ten miles south of Le Mont St. Michel.

If the original poster will forgive me, I think perhaps s/he meant there should be some way of seeing where we all are generally, when we post.

I think that's a pretty good idea, so I will first of all drive admin scatty by asking if it is possible to include this info, when given, under all our user names.

If James in admin. and the other people there (it can't just be one person, can it?) cannot do this, I will add my dept. name and number to my post signature.

tresco,

(Charente Maritime, 17)

For those that do not know;

Click on Control Panel, look down the options and click on Message signature. Now add your name and department.

When you post this will show as your sig.

As far as I know that is the only way to do it (and admin really is just one person, thats why there are 'mods'!!)

Hope that helps