Congratulations to Chelsea

"but you wont beat the football Man Utd played in and around 99."

What about "Busbies Babes" who were said to be the best team ever before the awful air crash.

Also the players were all British - I think from memory!

"but you wont beat the football Man Utd played in and around 99."

Aaah but one day some team here will, I hope, but never so spectacularly, in the last 3 minutes of the game. What joy.

What about "Busbies Babes" who were said to be the best team ever before the awful air crash. Also the players were all British - I think from memory!

Yeah that's true, I think, but then wasn't that true of every player in GB then, come on you footie experts!!!!!

I was thinking about the Busby Babes earlier, when thinking about why people hate MUFC. I have been at matches where people sing that 'who's that lying on the runway' song. I've spoken to loads of people who remember that event vividly, and I have here the newspapers my mum (pure irish mufc) saved at the time. All the older people I have spoken to about it talk about the loss not only of personal life, but of the countries who lost national, or prospective national players.

It's something I will never understand, an event like that being turned into a joke song. Or is it coz i is a bird? Don't think so.

Dear Tresco,

I did not know that there were songs about the air crash, so I apologise if I have offended anybody by raising the subject.

I think that what you describe is awful, and I cannot comprehend people who would sing such a song.

I am a lifelong Arsenal supporter, but I still recognise good teams, and I think that the "Busbies Babes" were great.

I still mourn for the "Babes" and what might have been.

Agree with you tresco, even though I support the other Reds and have done since Ian St John came down from Motherwell to join Liverpool, I still have all the newspaper cuttings from that dreadful day when a great team were cut down. Oh to have been able to see Duncan Edwards mature into the giant he would surely have become. A great loss and something that I certainly wouldnt make jokey songs about.

But how many times have Man U won the European Cup/Champions League.............er twice........

Bob

David and Bob, the second line is 'who's that lying in the snow....' . Now you know. 

There is no way I would be brave enough to shout someone down in person about these things, so I don't know how they can be stopped really. I believe in free speech, there are things I hate, that's life. I hated the 'posh spice' songs, especially after sitting at old Trafford and hearing the little girl next to me ask her mum and dad 'what does..........Oh don't tell me you don't know that one either

Anyway, thank you both for responding to me as you did. I'm happy for you with Liverpools achievemement so far Widnesbob, just as I was happy  for Miki that his team won the league.

After this Eurpean final though, it's war again.

Arsenal I have to reserve my feelings on (much as I think they are ace footballers) till after the FA cup.

You are contradicting yourself outcast, didn't you imply that you were supporting Liverpool against Chelsea?

I had to spend a whole day at Anfield once, couldn't get out of it. I nearly choked as I went in, and got into trouble for being a bit irreverent when passing that thing in the tunnel they jump up to touch before playing.

There is no way I would plump for Liverpool over Chelsea, but in the European Cup Final, sure, no problem whatsoever. Now if it was a French team in the final against Liverpool, sorry but the old tribal loyalty (or hatred:hehe would reassert itself.

(Born in Wigan, brought up in Sheffield, supported Man Utd from teeny (thanks to Irish mum and her 'wee Georgie Best' fixation. Lived in Manchester 20 years, within walking distance of Old Trafford, which was handy). You'll get your biography in the end outcast

[quote]Cjd,you went to uni free of charge just to learn how to spell,slow learner are you?[/quote]

Tut, tut, tut... Don't forget to add a space after commas!! With the spell checker and a full frontal lobotomy I'm sure we could get you posting something of interest and slightly legible one of these days.

P.S. I'd have also preferred a semicolon after the word spell, but one step at a time; we wouldn't want the brain cells over heating now, would we?