Chirac's France?

TU,yes I knew that,ok like you say it may have been better,I can only speak as I/we find it now as is now.The fact that the health system is in the mire does not from our experience mean it is not working the joe public,only that it is in the mire in financial terms and not the actual treatment given and until I find different I think that Chirac`s french health is something thats doing fine(certainly after being in the UK system)

Yes, Outcast, you,re there in france while hundreds of French surgeons are here in England, protesting at their lot in Chirac's France.

I agree that your original comment was appropriate to this topic but those which followed were not.

You people that have been living in France for more than 5 years; Do you think Chiracs France is better financially, socially (quality of life etc)to live in than when you first settled there?

Or do you feel life in France no longer meets your original desires and that it is time to move on?

In some ways we should be a lot better off than we ever have been only one kid left à charge and husband at the end of his career and all that implies. However, we aren't. And I can't pin point it down to Black Jack precisely, but for several years never the less AND certainly since the euro, we aren't. Inflation during Tonton's reign was  very low, which was probably a good job as wage rises were lower still. However, it all seemed very stable and that is taking into account all the strikes and other stuff that happened during that time............ 

Since Black Jack got in it hasn't been the same. Prices have certainly risen a lot. And it all worries me.