It must be summer because....

No, I know it's summer because TOH isn't moaning about how Southampton might finally be relegated this year..... this has been the late Spring ritual for all the years I've known him.   This year he's gone all quiet, because at last, after many years of trying, they've apparently made it into a lower division. 

So yes, it's Summer!!!!! 

1. Humungus great wasps already even though there is no fruit except cherries on our trees.

2.Even a sea mist makes the grass grow in front of your eyes.

3.Lillywhite legs are appearing everywhere and the state of some of those feet with hard cracked skin on the heels makes me cringe - they should use Vaseline every day,you can't beat it for lovely feet.

4.I've stocked up on beer and shandy for when we are gardening and need a breather.

5. My cats lie about like sloths draped over anything cool they can find.

just been in the local DIY (I would like a roller shade thingy for the terrace...yes I suppose I must be getting native, wanting to sit in the shade:cool There was a new gadget on sale, looks like a tennis racquet,says it is an electric fly swat...priced at 9 euros, didn`t read all the bumph. Suppose | could use it on the kids too for bad table mannersMrs O