Nigel Farrell

[quote]Following the rains at Wimbledon we watched 'Off the Beaten Track' on ITV London which was presented by N.F. It had an interesting section on flying in Mosquitos out of West Malling duiring the war an...[/quote]

Which Nigel Farrell?...

The happless, most impractical, most enthusiastically rose tinted spectacled one who tried to make to make a living in the more far flung corner of the Ardèche and opened up an Indian restaurant with his long suffering, down to earth, no nonsense newsagent friend from Hampshire?... then tried his hands at B&B with an almost near (but younger) Freddy Mercury look alike, "ooooohh 'tis sswonderfool! DAHH'lin!!" chap.

People like him should have a worldwide government health warning!

10/10 for enthusiasm

10/10 for romantic ideals

10/10 for always getting his own way

0/10 for sticking to the task at hand

0/10 for seeing what is wrong with himself

0/10 for looking after his no nonsense girlfriend

and a big fat 0/10 for pretending to live in france off of various harebrained ideas when in reality he is a TV producer making various shows on various subjects and probably earning a lot more than most of us!!

At the end of his last series, Nigel decided that sailing accross the Atlantic was what he really, really, really wanted to do, (taking the long suffering Sally Ann). The camera showed the boat sailing off into the sunset. The screen darkened to black and before the credits came up there were two captions...

The first said that after a day Sally Ann abandoned the boat. The next caption noted that after two days Nigel Farrell also left the yacht.

Those captions are one of my all time favorite TV moments, right up there with Paddington Bear dancing 'Singing in the Rain" and Roy Hull's Emu attacking Michael Parkinson.

Off topic I know but any other favorite TV moments folks?

[quote]At the end of his last series, Nigel decided that sailing accross the Atlantic was what he really, really, really wanted to do, (taking the long suffering Sally Ann). The camera showed the boat sailin...[/quote]

Doesn't that sums up the guy! Total looney and yet some of the programms he has made in the past were very entertaining. I can't think I would want to watch his next adventures if only to laugh more at what a fool he can make himself into.....

My favourite TV moment was when Michael Foot addressed some rally or other for his impending try at being a Prime Minister. Somewhere in UK on his campaign trail with TV/radio/press in tow... he addresses the crowds, arms and fingers waving, so vehement is the argument that the spit starts to flow out and suddenly HIS top and bottom set of false teeth came out!!!!!!!!!

As it was a live broadcast, these few seconds were quickly swiftly edited out for further rebroadcast!

My husband and father in law fell out of their armchairs and roll out on the floor with laughter!!!!!!!!!!!!

Another TV great is Terry Wogan and Richard Whiteley (Lovely man, May he rest in Peace!!) being beaten at driving that duff car in Top Gear, by a blind man!!! No one yet has managed to join them there for this ignominy!!

Too many more snippets to quote!.........