Site Problems?

There appears to be a problem here.  I'm unable to go to any forum immediately, instead, when I click on the forum I wish to go to, I'm transported elsewhere.

It has been a problem getting to here.  Anyone else experiencing the same difficulty?

When can we expect it to be corrected ? I am going just about everywhere but where I "click on"

For what I guess is supposed to be the biggest site on France, it acts at times more like a home made set up. It is still by far the slowest of all the forums I know.

Guest CFrost

having probs here too whenever I change a page, I get the same one I have I had just been reading

ah well, time for another drink

Kimberley

Chadeniers 17

Wow. Real lucky dip. I was fine this morning for 15 mins then all over the place. I find that a refresh before clicking a link does not help and that whatever you click it tends to take you back to a recently visited page. If fact on one page I just did a refresh and it jumped off elsewhere.

Also, I agree with the comments about the speed of the site. I thought all these issues were meant to have been sorted out ages ago (last year ?). Would be nice to know if there is commitment from LF to resolve these speed and other issues or if its to be like this for the long term.

Ian

Most of the 'issues' are due to be resolved in the next version of the forum software, which is still awaited from the developers. I believe it is under test, but it seems to be taking much longer than expected to get it fully working.

This new problem seems to be something different. As James says above, it has been referred to Living France's publisher's computer department, who are responsible for the servers etc.

I find it works OK when browsing using the 'recent topics' options, but behaves strangely if looking in a particular section of the forum.

Although my antivirus program (McAfee) has not picked up anything, I assumed that I had somehow downloaded a Trojan. When I used the "back" button I was accessing http://209.225.34.37/c and sending imformation about my browser etc. I was then returned to the same page I had been reading. A search on Google led me to some French sites. I can't find any of the files, mentioned on these sites, on my computer. I performed a full system scan using McAfee and AdAware - both completely clear. I have put the site in the danger zone in my security settngs, which has stopped the sending of information, but I'm not sure whether I've stopped it informing the site that I'm online.

Is it a Trojan on my (and possibly your) computer, was it on the forum server or am I pursuing a red herring?

Any further info would be appreciated.

Regards

David

[quote]Hi, We didn't change servers because of any trojan problems so I'm sure it isn't an issue with LF site, one of our servers has been playing up since we got it new and we moved to a backup server yest...[/quote]

The problem was still happening first thing this morning. If you changed to a backup server yesterday, then this probably did not solve the problem (as it would have been fixed when you switched servers yesterday).

Ian

Same as Peebee,

A friend staying with us who is an IT chappie, tried it and said it is excessively slow compared to any other sites he knows or uses.

It does have moments when it can work quite normally but for the most part it is awfully slow for me and we are on broadband !

Usually this site is pretty quick for me. I have ADSL with Tiscali and have their lower if not lowest speed. A couple of weeks ago, it was pretty slow though and reminded me of my pre ADSL days. Now it is normal for me and as quick as any other board I use.

Firstly, I am on Broadband in the UK. I have raised on a number of occassions in the past the slowness of this site and it is by far the worst of any sites I regulary use. Any changes such a switching servers has really made very little difference and if this was internet purchase site it would have been out of business long ago. I find it very strange that our FA finds the speed has improved but we may be on different standards.

I have to say that Archant should have a serious look at the workings of this forum as from the complaints there has to be a radical problem with perhaps the servers or the programme. I am no whizz kid, so my knowledge is very basic, but if I was in charge I know what I would do and where to go and I would ensure that it was fixed double quick as this cannot be a good image for a company the size of Archant.

Baz

PS. I has taken the best part of 3 minutes from clicking the POST to be able to read this entry!!!!

I echo what others have said. I'm on ADSL 640K (wanadoo.fr) and I surf t'internet at lightning speed (well, it's not dial-up!) UNTIL I come here, and then frustration kicks in.

Time outs, 10-20 seconds between click to page load, and it just took me 10 seconds+ to preview this post.

Please tell me LF isn't on a shared server?