Sabateurs

I come from another forum down in the Pyrenees Orientales and we have some very grumpy chap who signs himself Fred desperately trying to destroy or control our forum with rude and unacceptable comments about the Brits in France, whilst being one himself.

Just wondered if you had come across someone similar and how you dealt with this.

Or even if you know him?

Hello Motorhead

I take exception to you using my name like this. I do not want to be baited. I am not a bear I am a member of the Troll family, someone who is proud to carry on the families proud traditions. How would you feel if I said I am good at Motorhead baiting?

Regards with a deep feeling of personal injury.

Albert

Hello Mr. Motorhead

What was your question? No my name is not Fred it is ALBERT yes ALBERT TROLL and I am proud of it. I really wish people would use their real names instead of things like Motorhead.

Have a nice day

Albert 

Greenfingers. We were alerted to the relatively new PO forum and a cursory glance there was all it took to spot dear little 'fred'.

He sees himself as being something of a 'Terminator'; he never gives up, he keeps coming back, he does not respond to reason, logic, or indeed pleas for mercy: He does not know how to stop doing what he does

He's still here too, so there is no place to hide. Bit quiet at the moment though. Is he on his Trollidays?

[quote]I come from another forum down in the Pyrenees Orientales and we have some very grumpy chap who signs himself Fred desperately trying to destroy or control our forum with rude and unacceptable comment...[/quote]

Oh I think we know exactly who/what he is, Green Fringers.

And you're quite right, he is of course here in France.

I believe he's been banned from that other site now, so will doubtless be looking for somewhere else to post.

Welcome to the forum by the way  

The best way to deal with people like Fred is to ignore them, but sometimes I just can't help myself.

Motorhead, the site is here

http://www.anglophone-direct.com./

It's quite a new forum. Le Bouffon (:whistling linked to it a few weeks ago in the regional forum for PO here.

'I believe he's been banned from that other site now, so will doubtless be looking for somewhere else to post'. CAT

When has being banned stopped him?

Of course he will be loving all this attention.

You know I had to go and have a look at that forum as PO is about 6km away from me. I have spent the afternoon and this evening reading 'Freds' posts and the threads he has posted in. What I thought interesting was that every time he said something he was immediately jumped on by other members of the forum. Some of the threads started really interesting and then a post from this guy meant that the rest of the thread  degenerated in to a 'lets have a go at Fred' thread. I also thought that many members were somewhat elitist and snobbish (well the ones that answered Freds posts) but then thats my own personal opinion.

Anyway it made interesting reading and between the lines I don't think, if we are on the same wave length, that it is who you think it is. In fact I am certain, as I can be, that it isn't. Just a coincidence that they both live in the same neck of the woods.

Not wishing to brag but the forum made ours look incredibly interesting, lively and more informative. I am not sure about their moderator/admin having a go at members in open forum either.

"...I am not sure about their moderator/admin having a go at members in open forum either2

Yes it does seem rather quirky to see an owner having a go at a member when their position is such but i would see it as OK for a mod to have his view.

On one Brittany forum the owner has a real go at folks they don't agree with and ban folks at will !! and on another, the boss simply cuts posts out for so called T&C breaking but none of them that I have witnessed are anywhere near as disputable as the things we discuss on L.F.

[quote]Shucks Chris - I have a fiver riding on Fred being a certain well known person, the odd thing is that at one stage he was supposed to be the recipient of a bottle of 'good' wine from the owner. Does t...[/quote]

Good morning!

My name is Kate, webmistress of www.anglophone -direct.com

I have followed this thread with interest and feel that I must reply to my 'critics'!

"the odd thing is that at one stage he was supposed to be the recipient of a bottle of 'good' wine from the owner."
 Does that mean they have met ?
The bottle of wine thread was between Fred and another member Roger - not the owner (me)

"I also thought that many members were somewhat elitist and snobbish (well the ones that answered Freds posts) but then thats my own personal opinion."
A very fair opinion - we are a small site in a small region and Fred has rather taken over the forum - there are some interesting people out there but this character has been hard to ignore 

"Not wishing to brag but the forum made ours look incredibly interesting, lively and more informative. I am not sure about their moderator/admin having a go at members in open forum either."
I too enjoy your forum - our forum however has been going since May of this year and is only just beginning to pick up speed. Because we are regional, topics and info tends to be more narrow but that is to be expected - input from people in other regions like you would be received with pleasure.

My 'having a go' at Fred was the only way I know to warn him - there is only me - I dont have moderators or editors or even that many members! I love my site, I do it the best way I possibly can and dont always get it right - I am new at this and welcome any advice or constructive criticism from any of you. Maybe see you on the forum?

Best wishes to you all - hope the sun is shining wherever you are

Kate

Hello Kate,

I have to say that my personal comments came about because of the original post here and refer only to the forum part of yor website. I did look through the rest of it and found it of great interest and well worth a visit.

If you want some tips on moderating then PM any of the moderators here and they will help I am sure. You may like to start with a Code of Conduct such as we have here.

In contrast to Quillan, I am in no doubt whatsoever that it was a former member of this forum now posting on this very new PO forum.

I hope that no one here will go down there looking for former 'friends', and that they (anglophone direct) will get some welcome new contributors who can avoid giving this person the attention they crave.

Tresco, I'm not so sure.  The written style is similar but the voice behind the postings sounds more articulate than the person we're all thinking about.  Unless, of course, he's been doing something about his lack of education since he left us!  It's a shame though whoever it is for it's a nice site and someone has clearly worked very hard to put it together.  I guess it's an occupational hazard of running a Forum?  M