You just couldn't make it up!

Viv

[quote]Can anyone explain to me what the hell this subject has got to do with France? There's not even the tenuous link between how French children behave in class[/quote]

Of course there is a Tenuous link... when polite people swear they often follow it up by saying "Pardon my French".    

Ahh... I'd never heard of Klatchian until today. Perhaps I ought to read Terry Pratchett next time there's nothing on the TV. (Has he written enough books to be able to read him every night of the year for the next lot of years? I suppose it depends on how fast I read!)

Is Klatchian easier to learn than French?

[quote]Ahh... I'd never heard of Klatchian until today. Perhaps I ought to read Terry Pratchett next time there's nothing on the TV. (Has he written enough books to be able to read him every night of the yea...[/quote]

**Is Klatchian easier to learn than French?**

No, but the French won't correct your pronounciation.

[quote]**Is Klatchian easier to learn than French?**No, but the French won't correct your pronounciation.[/quote]

Now I thought it would be the other way round, I am sure that in "My Fair Lady" Professor Higgins says/sings "In France every Frenchman knows his language from A to Zed, The French don't care what they do actually, as long as they pronounce it properly".