Living in a field

Teamedup

Didn't know what to call this post so that will have to do.

As I can parlez-vous and have french friends .......... I know that the majority of things that get right up brit's noses are just about the same things in life that get up french people's noses.

Been back a while now and the only big difference about chewing the cud is where one does it........ a table or down the pub. Does it really matter where.

So people moan and whinge about their worries in life and in this bit of England like with friends in France, we have a laugh too.

Anyone looking for green grass, well back to the title....... living in a field may well be the answer.

Greener grass, an notion that I find highly amusing and if anyone finds anywhere 'perfect' keep it to yourself.

They say beauty is in the eye of the beholder and I have long suspected its appreciating what you have, whatever that may be, that is the trick. Of course if you live in a particular grott spot its pretty hard to do.( Although I doubt if there are too many here from 'sink' estates.)

Also TU, I suspect you know full well what type of life ticks your boxes and are quite canny about selecting your property and lifestyle.

Very......deep.

I shall muse on this while I continue construction of the Mk 3 hen house, which by a curious (significant?) co-incidence is in the middle of a field. Or will be, once I've put it together. Certainly I feel that the chickens are of the opinion that the grass is greener on the other side (their current patch looking a bit on the bare side even after the recent rain) and have been sticking their heads through the gate ever since I appeared with a pile of wood and tools B&E, full of vim & vigor (the CIF bottle being empty) this a.m.

I often wonder what goes on in their tiny brains. I don't think that they are very bright - they certainly can't count or they would have realised that not only am I taking all the eggs but that periodically I kill some of their number and eat them. But today I am fairly sure that they think that they will be onto a good thing once they are allowed in. In many ways that could be an allegory for so many peoples lives.

I'm a big supporter of the rose coloured specs brigade.Fair enough, the glamour does rub of eventually, but then there will be something else to get over-excited and romantic about. For heavens sake what's the alternative? No dear, don't do that it's too dangerous/ costs too much/will turn out badly in the end/ make you blind etc. Anyway with most people the more you tell them not to do things the more they want to. We mostly learn from our mistakes when we've been allowed to make them ouselves.I don't know if that's what you were on about TU but that's how I interpret it. Pat. PS Jond- I like your allegory about the chickens. I think I have a similar outlook! P.

Meanwhile here is the News from Yorskhire

Extract from the Yorkshire Evening Post:

"A drunk who claimed he had been raped by a dog was yesterday jailed for 12 months by a judge. Martin Hoyle, 45, was arrested by police after a passing motorist and his girlfriend found a Staffordshire bull terrier, called Badger, having sex with him at the side of a road in Huddersfield, West Yorkshire.

Prosecutor Ben Crosland said the couple had stopped to help because they thought Hoyle was being attacked by the animal. But when they got closer they saw that he had his trousers round his ankles, was down on all fours and the dog was straddling him from behind.

"The defendant mumbled something about the dog having taken a liking to him," said Mr Crosland. "The couple were extremely offended and sickened by what they saw." Another passing motorist contacted the police and Hoyle was arrested as he walked with the dog down the road.

Hoyle, of East view, Marsh, Huddersfield, told police "I can't help it if the dog took a liking to me. He tried to rape me."

He repeated the rape allegation at the police station and added "The dog pulled my trousers down." Hoyle, who has had a long-standing alcohol problem, was jailed for 12 months after he admitted committing an act which outraged public decency.

His barrister said Hoyle had no memory of the incident because of his drunken state, but was now very remorseful and incredibly embarrassed.

Jailing him, Judge Alistair McCallum told Hoyle "Never before in my time at the bar or on the bench have I ever had to deal with somebody who voluntarily allowed himself to be ******ed by a dog on the public highway. Frankly it is beyond most of our comprehension. It is an absolutely disgusting thing for members of the public to have to witness

Renaud, sooooo funny.

Now rose coloured specs is quite something isn't it.

And don't think I haven't worn rose coloured specs, I most certainly did as a child and up until I was 21 when it wore off, I'm pleased to say, rather naturally.

And life improved for me when I started looking at the world head on. I was missing out on truly wonderful and unexpected things, the banal and even the bad. Quite simply there was nothing on this earth that could live up to TU's imagination or idea of cloud nine.

I can wow these days and am far happier than I ever was, so being happy has nothing to do with rose specs, well in my case it most certainly is not.

Obviously this has been going on since, well a very long time. We hear that the old greeks were to be admired as they gave us so much, so what exactly is the half man/half horse about?

Kids program, Hercules........ woman married to half man/half horse and their kids halfman /half horse......... as a friend of mine explained to me it is still going on, women married to half men half donkeys....... only the donkeyhalf  is the top bit