Millou Bridge Meggastructures Program

Quillan

I'm really annoyed with myself that i missed the program. We have watched the construction progress over various holidays and last June drove over it on our return from the Pyrenees. The visitors centre is well worth a visit if anyone is in the area. Hoping for a program repeat for a change!

Hi Dotty,

Sorry not to answer earlier, but i didn't pick up your question until this lunchtime, and as i only take 30 mins (this is the UK), i didn't have time to reply. The visitors centre is on the North side of the bridge, almost underneath, just to the East. I believe it's sortie 45 off the A75. There is a huge car park, and the centre itself is full of models, photos and they run a film show i seem to remember.

Regarding myself, i used to work in chemical/pharma plants, then when the dash for gas was heralded, i turned to gas fired power stations. Now the price of gas is getting prohibitive, and few if any are being built, i'm back up to my neck in chemicals again! Anything with pipes in it (big ones).

I just wish my experience was transferable to France, but i fear my language would not be good enough, sadly.

If the above hasn't sent you off to sleep, i suggest you see a doctor and quickly.

Bedders.

[quote user="Clair"][quote user="Alcazar"]

Millou Bridge Meggastructures Program

Wouldn't have believed Tin-tin's dog NEEDED a bridge that size.............[:D]

Anyone know if the programme IS to be repeated? And if so, when?

Alcazar

[/quote]

Alcazar
Surely you mean MILOU   ?

The viaduc de Millau has an informative website...
http://viaduc.midilibre.com/accueil.php

[/quote]

[:P]  OK OK so I stretched it a bit.............I thought it was funny[:D]

Alcazar

[quote user="Ron Avery"]The Visitor Centre while it was being constructed was on the south side of the river unless its moved recently, it is signpostd out of Millau on the route to Albi[/quote]

[quote user="Bedders"]Sorry not to answer earlier, but i didn't pick up your question until this lunchtime, and as i only take 30 mins (this is the UK), i didn't have time to reply. The visitors centre is on the North side of the bridge, almost underneath, just to the East. I believe it's sortie 45 off the A75. There is a huge car park, and the centre itself is full of models, photos and they run a film show i seem to remember.[/quote]

Well its at the bridge anyway :)