Childhood memories.

Gastines

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FloodsShepperton.jpg

Sorry, that's come out a bit big, flooding all over the place.  When I had the insert a picture button I could adjust the size.  Floods Shepperton, don't remember the year.

Well Gay, it still doesn't work by Tag or IMG, so I have had to copy again.  How did you do it Dick and where's the beard?  Weedon, my copy method is not copy the url, but click the actual photo and copy it.

Gay need some more lessons please...

Are you using photobucket ?

Add your picture and upload it

Your picture will then apear in your gallery with 3 options below it, the bottom one is img

Copy and  the whole 'string' then paste it into your posting.

PS There is a resizing option on Photobucket which gives a better size pics!

M. Gastines

I assume you were at the Queen Victoria hospital in E. Grinstead. Some years ago our no 2 daughter spent some time there in the Maxillo Facial unit, they do some fantastic work there.

From my early school days and I  remember my mother making school uniforms for me and my sisters and being measured for the gym slips and blouses.

Little ditties that were used at school  playtimes;

eeny meeny macca racca

rare rye dommy nacca

chikka pokka

lolly poppa

ping pong push

A slightly different version to another one

eeny meeny miney mo

catch a n***** by his toe

if he hollers let him go

eeny meeny miney mo.

And another

dip dip dip

my little ship

sails an the ocean

you're not it

weedon

In reply to Blanche Neige. Can't remember anything about it .only my father's pleasure in telling me that part of my nose came from grafts taken from under his arm and inside leg.Trouble was, they had too much material to work with!! I do remember that the Indian doctor who did some of the work, was apparently deported back to India as he didn't have the correct papers to sray here,so I was told.

On childhood memories,I wonder what schoolkids today would say to the offer of a Dripping sandwich for tea?

Regards.By St.Malo.