Junk Mail

Is there the equivalent of MPS (mail preference service) and TPS (telephone preference service) in France? 

In France, I am receiving cold calls and individually addressed junk mail, which I would dearly like to stop. 

[In the UK, you can go online to http://www.mpsonline.org.uk/mpsr/ and to http://www.tpsonline.org.uk/tps/ and register so that you don't get unsolicited mail or calls.]

I can help with the unsolicited mail bit, this will stop junk mail, mass marketed mail and unsolicited letters.

Anyone who wants the two pre-printed letters and a sticker for their post box can E-mail me via my site with their address (in France) and I will send it to them.

Can't help with the phone calls.

Chris

I'm having lots of fun with the junk phone calls. My French is really poor, but I take it to the extreme and spend ages on the phone with them pretending to not to understand what they're saying, they really struggle with me and at the end I simply say, no, sorry not interested. It's a hobby :) I dare say I'll get bored eventually, but it's fun at the mo.

Ho ho! Glad it's not only me!

At present, in the UK, my business lines are besieged with spotty little Muppets and Muppettes trying to sell me competitive business telephone service. After a few minutes of their diatribe (all moronic, of course, and read, badly, from their VDU) I say, "Well, I have to inform you that we are the Fraud Squad and are investigating this company for telephone fraud!"

"Hello? Hello? Hello?"

You can ask France Telecom to put you on the 'liste orange' which should stop sales phone calls. It works like the Telephone Preference Service in Britain. You can do it through the FT web site.

I Do the very same thing and alos the other way around. When some religous freak rings the front door I say hold on a mo my phones ringing, than just leave them there while I carry on with what I was doing before they rang.