French Chavs!

I'm sure you all know the French equivalent of chavs.   No idea what they're called, but those lads who stoat around on tiny scooters, hang around bus shelters, and goodness knows what else.

They're generally very thin and undernourished-looking, both foodly and intellectually.

And they wear shiny white polyester!   Gleaming white sports trousers and/or jackets.  Very reminiscent of shell suits, really.

Anyway, I saw one in the SuperU car park the other day.  Complete with shiny nylon jacket AND BURBERRY HANDBAG!!!!  [blink]

Is this the beginning of the end?    Surely the rise in house prices caused by Brits is nothing compared to this shocking culturicide?

Or does the Burberry check add a bit of class to the blinding white nylon?

I saw a gaggle of these yoofs in a pavement cafe in Villereal the other day. They were drinking beer and being just a little loud.  One of them was wearing a Burberry basehall hat. The image was spoiled when some younger kids aged about 8 or 9 came up and kissed them all in greeting. I think they were pretty far away from British chavs.

Hoddy

It was the fact that he was a white-polyester-clad yoof with a Burberry handbag.   I was only sharing French yoof culture with you all. 

Maybe you haven't seen white-polyester-clad French yoofs yet?    It's a wonder there are so many, leaping about on silly scooters, wif no helmets on, they often meet Le Reaper Grim.

Amazing how they keep the shell suits so clean, most impressive.   Until they encounter Le Reaper Grim, of course, that kind of messes them up.  [:)]

[quote user="SaligoBay"]

Amazing how they keep the shell suits so clean, most impressive.   [/quote]

I actually asked the mum of a white 'shell-suited' boy at my son's school how on earth his shell-suit kept so clean.....................apparently she washes it by hand after each wear with a bar of savon de marseilles!!!

Chris

I've always thought that polyester repels just about everything... including grime. Though possibly not internal bodily parts when spilled. Bit of an eww moment.

Burberry developed the Prorsum range in an attempt to prevent chavs adopting it - on the basis they'd be incapable of spelling or remembering it. Far less understanding it. [6]

SB ..........

Went to the local 'big town' market today. Packed, and with the start of the tourist season, the arrival of the Merc & BMW pushchairs (surely the current scourge of mankind and a danger to most law-abiding citizens).

Anyway, my wife who was her usual 5 paces behind me, got surrounded by several of these appalling contraptions A young man, closely fitting your chav description and sensing her irritation, cleared the way for her. She didn't stop wittling on about how charming he was for half an hour or so!

Moral of the story: up with the chavs, down with the pushchairs. 

A friend told me that her husband had been to the Vic F. bullfights where he saw groups of

young french people, drunk, and doing all the physical things most

people do in private. She didn't say how they were dressed. Perhaps they

were chavs? Or another minority youth group? Pat.

[quote user="Patf"]A friend told me that her husband had been to the Vic F. bullfights where he saw groups of young french people, drunk, and doing all the physical things most people do in private. She didn't say how they were dressed. Perhaps they were chavs? Or another minority youth group? Pat.
[/quote]

Nah, just yoofs à la française!

But how politely they say bonjour as you pass!  [:D]

Well, some do, anyway.  Mostly I'd keep well clear of them.   Did get a bonjour from the two primary-school kids sitting smoking by the roadside yesterday.