The Gendarmes are Comming!!!

We come from a little village in Ulster, need I say more????

This is nothing!

We love France and can handle the boys in bleu, no problem. These guys are pussycats!

In parts of the UK you don't need to be an immigrant to get hassle on a daily basis, trust me!

Just smile sweetly and beat them at their own game.

Aly

Sorry, my little signature saying thingy seems a wee bit inappropriate on this posting!

The thing to remember is we're smarter than them, after all we're BRITISH!!!!!

Aly

PS Quite right about the black n' tans.....stillalive and well and working in Ulster!

There's always a lot of Gendarmes action in July and August (they must have a crap union lol). We used to get stopped in the car at least 10 times in this period each, but now we know most of them by name in our area they just wave us on. House visits...Brings a new meaning to proactive policeing :-) Most of the crimes a Brit would commit fall outside of there remit, i.e tax evasion, planning laws, off the books working.Maybe they are just getting interior design ideas........

[quote user="Charlotte3"]

We come from a little village in Ulster, need I say more????...In parts of the UK you don't need to be an immigrant to get hassle on a daily basis, trust me!

Just smile sweetly and beat them at their own game.[/quote]

Aly I agree, but anyone who has never visited the 'North' of Ireland or border areas would probably have no idea (naturally, how could they?). The first time here I had dogs running around the car, and men with machine guns, I was shocked rigid, and yet thinking back I had had a similar experience near Malin Head, and a few others, which I took for granted. If it had happened in England I would have freaked out.

Anyway, I agree with your point, and your strategy advice, just smile and let them get on with it, hard as it is.