Removal companies

mark

Mark ............

Abbeywood, Steeple Claydon, Aylesbury. 01296 738222.

Moved us down here 2 yrs ago.  Very professional and friendly.  Not the cheapest, nor the most expensive.

They also looked after a 'local' move for friends in the Thames Valley recently and they were delighted.  Worth getting them to quote.

PM me if you want further details. 

Hi Mark

We used David Dale removals - I found them on the internet  http://www.daviddale.co.uk/  I filled in an online quotation form and we went from there. I got quite a few quotes before I chose them - not least because they replied to my email queries quickly and informatively. As it was our first move abroad I had quite a few queries.

They proved to be reliable, trustworthy and conscientious. Though I must add we only had a part load ie not a whole houseful of stuff.

Although they are based in Yorkshire they do regular trips through France and Spain so are passing by Heathrow/ Charente often.

Sue .

We found A. W. Wheadon & Sons to be really excellent for our move from Essex to Deux Sevres.  They could not have been more helpful.

Not the cheapest, nor the most expensive.  They are a family business, and were recommended to us by the people who bought our house in UK, so that is two satisfied customers.

Address Snowhill Cottage, Crawley Down, West Sussex, RH10 3EG

Phone  Copthorne 01342-712354

Haywards Heath 01444-413331

David

My experience is quite out of date now, but before moving I got 3 quotes, two UK national companies and one UK local company. Two "styles" of move were offered, one where they collect your stuff then deliver it to your new house some time within two weeks (by arrangement) OR they collect your stuff, drive to your new house and unload it. the advantage of the "delayed" method is that they can combine several loads on a big lorry and thus it should be cheaper.

However, in my case the two most expensive quotes (local and a national company) were for the "delayed" move and they were both twice the price of the 3rd company (again, a UK nationwide company).

I went with the cheapest as they were cheapest plus they collected my stuff, drove to my new house and unloaded it. In fact we ended up crossing on the same ferry. My stuff took less than half the lorry as well. However, apparently they were going back via a depot in Paris to collect a load of stuff going back to the UK.

I suppose the nationwide companies are more likely to be able to combine loads or collect a load going back where as local companies less likely to be able to. Maybe local small companies do not have the overhead. anyway, bottom line is to get several quotes as you may find quite a price range.

Ian