For our Irish Friends

Potatoes, potatoes and more potatoes. Seriously, I have had meals in Ireland with potato salad for starters, boiled, mashed (wel, colcannon) and baked potatoes with the main course. Delicious.

The Irish eat a lot of fish (salmon, cod and trout), or as an alternatve try Dublin coddle - boiled pork sausages and bacon with potatoes and onions, in gravy made from the liquid in which the sausages and bacon were boiled.

FK's friend Mrs Gupta would no doubt make a nice potato curry in the making of which no small furry animals were harmed.

Do make sure you serve Guinness with it. Guinness and Oysters is wonderful, typically Irish.

[quote user="Georgina"]

Thanks Pierre, do you know where the buy it? Apart from Ireland that is.

Georgina

[/quote]

I have seen it for sale, admitidly pre-sliced and packaged in Auchan. They do smoked Irish trout too

All the above sound delicious.  I had quite forgotten about Guiness and oysters - yum!

Well, there's spuds and then there's champ. I think the French would like champ*. The spring onions perhaps being more to the French taste than the kale/cabbage of Colcannon.

*If you don't know it, it's rather like Aligot but with a faintly garlicky flavour (thanks to the spring onions).