Hickory Dickory Dock.........................

Bugsy

Ford Anglia, it was not tongue in cheek. From being small I loved it when the nights turned in early. I love the smells and colours of autumn. I love the cosiness of a home all warm and closed up against the elements. I just love autumn. Now my friend gets quite depressed about it all and hates autumn and winter and I know that she isn't the only one. So I do understand that there are people who love all the 'light' and long days. That just is not me that is all.

The flip side to my long winter nights in the north of England are the long summer ones, I doesn't get completely dark, there is always that slight paleness to the sky.

[quote user="Teamedup"]

Ford Anglia, it was not tongue in cheek. From being small I loved it when the nights turned in early. I love the smells and colours of autumn. I love the cosiness of a home all warm and closed up against the elements. I just love autumn. Now my friend gets quite depressed about it all and hates autumn and winter and I know that she isn't the only one. So I do understand that there are people who love all the 'light' and long days. That just is not me that is all.

The flip side to my long winter nights in the north of England are the long summer ones, I doesn't get completely dark, there is always that slight paleness to the sky.

[/quote]

I also miss the long summer days in the north west of England. I never minded being woken by our neighbours chickens at three in the morning. Being to leave the pub at closeing when it was not yet dark. (We hadn't been there all night before anyone suggests it) There was also a day when Autumn 'kicked in' you could smell it

.Personally I didn't like the short winter days. Just goes to show you pays yer money ......