Lost Town

powerdesal

[quote user="max123"]The photo of the "LOST TOWN" posted by Powerdesal and the photo posted by Brianagain are identical  but taken at a slighty different angle.  Max[/quote]

Max you are wrong.

I was most definitely staying in Normandy when I took the photo on a drive around the area. As I was staying in Villedieu Les Poeles it would have been a serious epic drive to get to Alsace and back during a normal day. Possibly Brianagain is mistaken but.....I imagine he knows where he was when he took his photo.

ergo....You are wrong.

[quote user="powerdesal"][quote user="max123"]The photo of the "LOST TOWN" posted by Powerdesal and the photo posted by Brianagain are identical  but taken at a slighty different angle.  Max[/quote]

Max you are wrong.

I was most definitely staying in Normandy when I took the photo on a drive around the area. As I was staying in Villedieu Les Poeles it would have been a serious epic drive to get to Alsace and back during a normal day. Possibly Brianagain is mistaken but.....I imagine he knows where he was when he took his photo.

ergo....You are wrong.

[/quote]

Max, you are not wrong IMO.

If you open the thread in two seperate windows and have them side by side on your screen, as I have done, then there is absolutely no doubt what-so-ever that these two photos are the same place.  Right down to cabling between buildings, TV aerials, shop signs, window bars etc.

Try it,  it is 100% definitely the same place.

Having spent the last couple of hours trawling through the google images of Kayserberg and having multiple screens for comparison, I cant argue with the results. Its definitely Kayserberg. All I need to do is figure out how the hell I got a photo of Kayserberg in August 2003.[8-)]

I'm a jigsaw fanantic and this is the picture on one of my jigsaws that I did recently.  The problem is that I am away from home at the moment. When I get back (next Monday), I'll be able to identify it because presumably the location will be written on the side of the jigsaw.

ErnieY; I did realise I had misspelled Kaysersberg (Ger; Kaisersberg) early on but at least you failed to pick up my original misspelling of Ribeauvillé. (so there!)

Powerdesal; Kaysersberg does have a pay car park at the bottom end of the town (surrounded by low evergreen hedging, outside what may have been the original town wall).  Approaching from Colmar the road skirts Kientzheim, a lovely little walled wine village.

Many of the street signs in the area are indeed in French and Alsacien. With my London accented French the locals assume that anyone speaking French with a 'foreign' accent is German so often a request will elicit a rely in German; can be confusing!

Bonne année

Brian (again)[:D]