soggy yorkshire puddings

bourrut

Three heaped table spoons of PLAIN flour, pinch of S&P, 1 egg and a drop of milk.  Beat to to the required consistency.  Add a teaspoon of boiling water from the veg which will put bubbles into it.  You may then rest this for a while in the fridge, say half hour.  Heat a bit of oil , preferably from the meat, into a TIN.  When this is hot fill with the batter and bake on gas mark 6/7 for around half hour.

How is the village Bourrut?

Can anyone tell me, please, how long duck fat keeps fresh (if stored in a cool place)?  I often end up throwing the stuff away for the simple reason that I don't know if it is still good.  I have discovered, by the way, that pancakes fried in duck fat are particularly nice (with savoury filling, of course).

After cooking, strain the hot duck (or goose) fat thru a fine seive or cloth & put it in a large kilner jar. Let it cool and bung it in the fridge (or cave) and it's good for months.

BTW - Charlotte spuds sautéd in duck fat, sprinkled with sea salt and served with a nice juicy medium-rare steak, a mâche salad with a walnut vinaigrette and a bottle of Buzet. Mmmmmmmmmmmmm!  

Now that's good eatin' mes enfants! [:D]

I had the same problems with my Yorkshire Puddings[:(]

and then I came across a recipe that said to use 4 eggs - I must admit I was a bit dubious at first - but the first time I tried it I had trouble getting them out of the oven!!! The constitancy was like single cream . I must admit I dont weigh anything its all by the feel of the mixture.

Good luck

Thanks... I also like to use duck fat..

especially as mentioned earlier with roast spuds..

put lots of salt in a saucepan(the salt with stop the potatoes taking in water- osmosis)

boil the spuds in a saucepan until they give but are still quite hard

leave them for a few minutes in a colander to dry themselves

put duck fat it the empty saucepan(without water) used for cooking the spuds and leave it to melt

put water-free spuds in saucepan with melted fat, add garlic(smashed but not cut), rosemary(several branches), salt

put the lot in a roasting try in oven (200c) for 20minutes or so.

good luck

osie