Vide greniers

opas

Don`t you just love 'em?  I do! yesterday our computer screen started acting up, we wern`t too sure if it was the screen or a fault with the "brain"\\ (its, not ours!)

Anyway after messing for ages , we came to the conclusion that we needed someone who knows more than us(not hard I know[Www]) so we agreed to go to the inforatique in the next town on Monday.

There was a vide grenier close by today and as is our habit , we had to go and look what was on offer. There was a youth with some CD/DVDs  games and a computer screen and keyboard. We asked the price, thought about it , talked about it and went back, paid his price and came home, et voila! one working computer for 5 Euros !

[quote user="Russethouse"]LOL  You had to THINK about it [:D][:D] I'd have been snatching his hand off - right up to the elbow !![:D][/quote]

Yep, and then spent the next day explaining to the Gendarmes WHY you bought stolen property.

"If an offer looks too good to be true, it probably is".

Really, RH, I'm surprised at you.......

Alcazar

[quote user="Alcazar"]

[quote user="Russethouse"]LOL  You had to THINK about it [:D][:D] I'd have been snatching his hand off - right up to the elbow !![:D][/quote]

Yep, and then spent the next day explaining to the Gendarmes WHY you bought stolen property.

"If an offer looks too good to be true, it probably is".

Really, RH, I'm surprised at you.......

Alcazar

[/quote]

Go to any dump in England and you will find working CRT monitors which are being chucked out. Goto any Computer Fair and you will find VAT registered legitemate salvage business which will sell them for £ 20.

It always tickles me at the amount of comodes for sale when I go to a Vide grenier.Has anyone else noticed ? In our next village an english family have moved into a house on the main street and decorated their front wall with about ten old cream flat bedpans filled with flowers, I suppose it is a biy quirky,but I do wonder what the locals make of it, paticularly as it is next to a bakers.

• 1 year later...
The monitor is still going strong, touch wood! we still do not have a jockey wheel  althought we did get a new spare wheel and tyre for a couple of euros, but my latest brill bargain which I have just washed , ironed and put away for autumn is a Von Dutch sweatshit/zipper jacket with a hood for the youngest ( nearly 11 but tall for her age so this one is ladies S). Looks brand new, she loves it and cannot wait for cooler weather. I have just nearly had a fit when I saw the price on their website for a similar jacket. I paid 1 euro!