France should put up 'not for sale' signs in all their shops...

Kitty

Well I am glad to say that my TV which conked out after two weeks is finally fixed.  After staying home from work for delivery and being let down on two occassions, I went into Darty and spoke to the Manager who was extremely charming.  He said because I had been messed about so much that I could have a brand new tv which was delivered last Saturday on time and as promised.  Happy days [:)]. 

However, two hours later, another knock on the door by two more Darty men with my old tv, now fixed.  They told me that it was mine, "No" I said, "I have a  new one".  "Well, you may as well have this one as it is no good to us now".......................Quids in mate [:D]

Seriously though, why dont they just send it back to the manufacturer?

Still thinking about what to do with the mare in the post office.  She is really due a thump [:@]

[quote user="Cathy"]

RR - Which sites do you recommend (for delivery in France)?

[/quote]

More cheers for Darty (same company as Comet), we ordered a fridge freezer on-line for delivery the following Thursday.

It was, unpacked, installed and the old one taken away. Two polite and careful delivery lads.

The only problem was, we needed a french phone no, which we didn't have. I did know the phone no of someone else in the village so used that. They then trotted up the village to tell that Darty had rung and the delivery would be 13:00-13:00. Which it was.

Stayed at Chateau Pramenoux for a couple of nights this summer, the owner had spent some time in the States and was well aware of the customer service shortcomings of his fellow French. He would go to McDonalds just to remind himself from time to time what customer service was all about. We couldn't fault him tho'. Super service.

We tried to buy hob, cooker, dishwasher and fridge/freezer from Darty via there on-line site. It said to call them regarding delivery. We did this but they said they wouldn't deliver to our village.

So, on our  last  trip we took a drive to Darty at Montauban. We had a very helpful salesman and he told us he could get all the items in store in 2 days but he couldn't deliver as we outside of their delivery area.

This wasn't a major showstopper as we had come over in a hire van. So we had a little discussion over a bit more discount which we managed to agree on. Then just before we left he came out and gave us a bottle of champagne.

We duly returned in 2 days and all was available and cheerfully loaded in the van by a couple of the young men. So, overall a thumbs up for Darty although we a bit disappointed to find we were in a delivery black hole.