Suspicious PM

AnOther

I received the following by PM form a new member called UKDropship, anyone else received similar I wonder.

Possibly above board but nevertheless I've declined the invitation.

"I am looking for someone that has a paypal account and is located in France.

I need someone to post items to me on regular basis.

I will then pay this person via paypal.

would you be interested?"

Might be worth having a look on the BBC Watchdog website. I wasn't watching it properly, but I seem to remember that there was an item about a woman who had been taken in (through an internet forum or similar) by almost exactly this type of scam,or something quite similar, only last week or the week before. She actually thought she'd met a really nice Englishman who was working for a charity overseas and who needed help to receive goods or payment or something in the UK, but he turned out to be........this may come as a shock to you.......a Nigerian

[quote user="ErnieY"]Possibly above board but nevertheless I've declined the invitation.

"I am looking for someone that has a paypal account and is located in France.
[/quote]

I would be suspicious of anyone who used 'that' instead of 'who' in this context ...

- but then I am a renowned old grump ...

Sue [:)]

well of course it's dodgy, what's to stop this person getting their own paypal account and getting stuff shipped out directly, or paying by credit card......no reason at all to use a third party for this. Just as well that the users of this forum are much to wise to fall for something like this!!